Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Summon Necromancer

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Czigra, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    would anyone tell me how to build a decent summon necromancer with a few skelletons and a good fire golem with part curse for the stuff?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    As far as golems go, I have only ever used them as tanks. If you want a good golem tank then put one point in each golem and max your golem mastery. Point one point into summon resist too. That's the best bang for your points.

For summoning in general... I hear revives are really good now.

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
  4. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    would anyone help me with gathering these sorts of items for ladder necromancer

1) P Topaz's
    2) Some type of 4 soc helm or 3
    3) nagelrings
    4) sometype of mf/res all ammy
    5) goldwrap/tal's belt
    6) war travs
    7) mf charms
    8) enigma

that should be all for when i get higher level and need to mf mephisto for the items for new characters.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    most of that is easy, except the enigma.....which if I get the runes for it, I'll be making one for myself :p, and of course I'm searching for travs myself.

As for mf charms, I've only found 5% and a couple 7% which I'm using. Another good way to get charms is to cube ones you find, preferably from high level areas. The recipe is still 3 perfects any grade + charm if I remember right.

Haven't really been playing much myself lately. Mostly NwN and I just installed Sims on the laptop :eek:

6. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    sims are a great game to play if you get bored. But i wanna try to find these but possibly cant because i aint high enough level for it yet to get the good runes. I got almost no runes for enigma and am gonna play this weekend would you ask jess if he is gonna be on saturday. If not i will go and help one of my friends and start necro or pally for my lil brother so that he is ladder also. Kinda wish they had ladder xfer button for the nonladder characters so that i could get my 66 nonladder pally to get some of this stuff for me. If you dont want to help this weekend with me ill understand that ok? It wont matter to me because i will go baal runs for myself and get my levels so that jess is able to help me out much more.

7. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, Ber and Jah are very rare.......not something anyone gives away unless they're duping (which I don't do or have anything to do with)

To get the good runes, you need to play in the higher levels. You won't get anywhere unless you put some time into it.

8. Plasma

Plasma Peasant

Market Rating:
    My paladin is getting up there in levels (72 i think) and he wears skullders, ali baba, etc.. but he has one problem, he needs a Herald, or some good shield costing under 110 strength, do you know what runs i would want to do to find one?

9. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I got my Zak from Hell Meph, but you can also get it from NM Meph and Baal.

10. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    what is the zak? I was told i have fake zak on nonladder pally but it says zak in its name

11. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Herald Of Zakarum
    Gilded Shield
    Defense: 422-507
    Required Level: 42
    Required Strength: 89
    Durability: 50
    Chance To Block: 82%
    Smite Damage: 20 To 28
    (Paladin Only)
    +150-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    30% Increased Chance Of Blocking
    30% Faster Block Rate
    20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    +20 To Strength
    +20 To Vitality
    All Resistances +50
    +2 To Paladin Skill Levels
    +2 To Combat Skills (Paladin Only

You might have a Zakarum shield, which is different. A Herald of Zakarum is a Gilded shield. But there is also a base class of pally shield called Zakarum. The new unique of a Zakarum class shield is Dragonscale.

12. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    ok thanks for this jed i really appreciate what you have done for me all the time when i need the help. Thanks a way lot!!!!!!

13. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    Heh, I found a sacred rondache unique pally shield, but it doesn't have the elemental resistance; instead, it has enhanced damage. I socketed it with a pdiamond, and also found kira's diadem or whatever it is (+70 resists), so I might go with that. The pally that I have in mind is level 75, so two more levels, and he can use those items.

Lately I've been doing countess runs and mephisto runs and have been finding lots of interesting stuff. Griswold's armor, kira's diadem, atma's wail, that's what I got yesterday.

As far as runes go, the countess dropped a pul and dol on the same run once. I got a lum yesterday. I also cube all the lower stuff and worked up to an io and a shael. It's slow going, but fun.

I mostly do pit and countess runs to build up full rejev potions and then do fast mephisto runs until my store of potions go away. It's working pretty well for now...

Wran

14. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Is there really such a thing as "fast mephisto runs" in Hell?

15. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    possibly yes if you know when and where everything is. Me when doing nightmare with 66 pally it is faster than normal with eight or even one person in the game. My pally is just good now he is great and getting better.

16. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't know what you call fast or slow. My sorc teleports from room to room, and I can get all the way around the map in about 2-3 minutes, but I need those full rejuv potions if i tele into a pack of those stupid exploding things. Without teleport, durance 2 would be an amazing pain.

Most of the time I find the entrance pretty quickly by going left from the waypoint exit. If I run into the stairs up early on, I'll just create another game.

I get down into level 3, and then I lure the monsters away from the middle section by casting some hydras and they will either run away from the hydra, or run toward me and I can kill them easily, since they are usually alone or few in number.

I then teleport to the other side of the bridge, lure mephisto, and teleport back to the other side of the bridge and shoot hydras until he dies. I find the area left of the bridge is best because the council clan is often towards the right (or lured into the first chamber), and I can get rid of all the vampires on the left by forcing them away with the hydra or killing them outright.

All told it takes around 5-6 minutes. Sometimes I need to take a couple extra minutes killing some stragglers that attack me while I'm taking mephisto out, but considering the very high quality of Mephisto drops, I think this is worth it.

Wran

P.S. I gotta get home and do a few more runs :).

17. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    this weekend i am gonna go and finish up my necromancer on ladder and then go play my paladin in a couple or few mephisto runs in nightmare and then go get hell beat so that i am atleast 70 by the end of the weekend. If i truely played one full night i could get 90 this weekend. This weekend is gonna suck because there isnt no one to play the game with hardly do to every one is busy.

Hitometer: 53,857,350 since 1995