Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

SUCK!!! TOTAL SUCK!!! NO GUILD HALLS?!

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 25, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was browsing through some news history on different Diablo 2 sites because I was bored, and I came accross the same announcement on several site for the end of March.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>First, we recently made a decision that we believe we need to share with you prior to the beta beginning. Guilds will not be in the Beta, nor in the final shipping version of Diablo II. During development it became clear that making Guilds bullet-proof, balanced, and completely secure would delay shipping Diablo II. Fundamental, major changes to the Diablo II/battle.net client/server architecture would be required. Testing and all-important balancing would make our fans wait even longer. In the interests of getting the game to our fans -- we had to decide to drop Guilds. Rest assured that we are exploring ways of adding Guilds after Diablo II ships.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Doesn't that totally suck! That announcement was made by Susan Woosley, Blizzard public relations. SUCK!!!!!!!!!! Well, there's still hope. It does say they will look at adding it later. [​IMG]

2. Fintanisco

Fintanisco Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hey, there wasn't any guilds implemented into Myth TFL, but that didn't stop us from creating clans and such.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    true, true

...WASSSSSAAA! [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Um, considering the Mac release might be 1 or 2 months late, it would be safe to assume that by that point in time Blizzard would be close to adding the guild hall feature in a patch available soon after the Mac release. (Hopefully the patch will be released for mac and pc simultaneously)

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

5. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    this is a very un-blizzard move. they always only realised the game when every thing was perfect

Hitometer: 53,585,734 since 1995