Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Stupid Question time.

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Onisama, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    Must be due to the incessant banging of the cranium against the nearest brick wall (been a rough week), but I am not quite as clear as I need to be on this issue. So I come to you for advice. ;)

It's moving time. The wife and I are looking for a new place, and one of our options is a complex of "luxury apartments" that have T1 connections as a part of the package.

Exactly how awed by this should I be?

I'm thinking this would be pretty sweet, depending upon how things are set up there, but what I really need to do is to try and attach a dollar figure to this "amenity" so I can accurately compare.

thanks for the help.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    O m g, that's like single nerd heaven :D.

T1 runs around $200-$300 leased per month I think, but then half of me is saying that figure is vastly underestimated...

Just ask who they use as a provider, then call the provider up and ask them what they charge.

--Haite

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    how "shared" is this T1 going to be? and what restrictions are there?

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'd get a house, they are better- more space, rent is comparable to loan payments anyway, and you keep the house after a while. You basically have more options. I wouldnt go live in an apartment merely for t1- unless I was the world biggest nerd.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Apartment housing is considerably nicer and more common in the East than it is out here in California, Dagore.

--Haite

6. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:

and we will be getting the hell out of here in a few years. I don't want to be burdened with trying to sell a home when we move. Just want to pack up, hop in the truck and not look back.

I'm swinging by the "apartments" tomorrow. I'll have a better picture of how much usage they see and what restrictions there are.

thx guys.

Hitometer: 53,937,128 since 1995