Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Strength against Pkers

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Wonder_Bread, May 13, 2000.

1. Wonder_Bread

Wonder_Bread Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hey you guys I just got this off a diablo two website it's pretty cool

The specifics of character deaths may change during the beta, before final release but at present there is little death penalty. When a character dies by the hand of a monster, the items equipped will fall to the ground with your body and half the gold you are carrying will be lost as well as a percentage stored in your stash . Items in your stash are safe though. Your character has only one option at this point, press 'Esc' to start back in town, with full health and mana. No resurrecting at the death scene and no loss of experience points.
    When your character returns to the spot he/she died you can click on the corpse and automatically re-equip all items. If you have backup items equipped, your original items will be placed in your inventory, anything there is not enough room for, be it on your body or in your backpack, will fall to the ground. If you have friendly party members set to 'Loot Body' they can collect your items and take them back to town for you. Useful if you have no backup items to equip to safely return to your corpse in.

If you die by the hand of another player you will currently not drop anything. Characters player-killed will probably drop a token body part of some kind, {much like an ear in Diablo}. Death notices about players, are broadcast to everyone in the game with the
    name of whatever killed them; whether it be player, monster or trap. There is also a possibility of some loss of experience points but this hasn't been decided yet. Much of what happens when your character dies by monster or hostile player is still to be set in stone.

IF you understand what this says then you'll think tis is pretty cool. Now Pk's can't steal your stuff and no more scrolls of resurection. http://www.mac-gamer.com/ubb//icons/icon10.gif

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sweet! That sounds like Blizzard has everything covered. I definately like that PKs can't loot your body without your permission.

btw, to put a happy face in your post just click on the "Smilies Legend" to the left when you are posting. That will tell you what to type in your message for different faces. [​IMG]

3. The Reaper

The Reaper Peasant

Market Rating:
    [​IMG] That kicks ass!
    [​IMG] Welcome to the Guild Wonder Bread! We needed at least one Amazon! Congratilations you're are first Amazon!

4. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I think that the old adage "to the winner goes the spoils" is a good idea. The victim should not lose all items, but the killer should be rewarded with at least some kind of partial heal.

BTW, are you Wonder_Bread or Wonder ├čread. I think you should keep the beta and lose the underscore (makes you look like an evil PC user or something) if you haven't already.

5. Wonder_Bread

Wonder_Bread Peasant

Market Rating:
    Okay, normally I don't use the underscore, but I play Myth 2 and that's how I write my name there. I also don't like PC's because they are to complicated to mess with and I'm lazy :P also does anyone know when diablo 2 comes out for Mac. I know PC is like June 2, but I haven't seen the realese date for Mac. I have virtual PC on my Mac but it's too slow to run Diablo 2, so I'am waiting for the mac version. Also the only reason I have Virtual PC is the Computers at my school are all PC and It's weird trying to trasnslate disks and documents. Anybody got ?'s email me.

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Well, Blizzard is saying 3rd quarter 2000. But then in an interview with a Blizzard person that I read, it said the Mac version would be out two weeks after the PC version. I hope it's the 2 weeks instead of 3rd quarter (this fall). *crosses fingers*

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wonder_Bread:
    I know PC is like June 2
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Woah! It's set to start shipping June 30th. So I think preorders on babbages and ebworld take priority so the game probably won't be readily availible until the end of July. It took a month for me to get my hands on War 2 BNE when it was released.
    Once It's in the stores, I'm buying it for my brother's 1ghz Athlon and for VPC so I can start leveling up my character. Then once the mac verson is available I'll put it on my G3/450.

------------------
    By reading the above post you agree that your soul is mine.

8. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    that sounds great, but i think i will miss the ressurect scrolls

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I read something about how a character can only be accessed with the original game install CDs it was created with. (i just heard that) So transferring you character may not work. [​IMG]

------------------
    lamo mac boy

Hitometer: 53,597,667 since 1995