Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

#### Stones of Jorden sold to Merchants

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Kaeric, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I assume it has something to do wit Uber D....but can someone explain this to me?

also: did they nerf Iceblink? I remember it being good a long time ago, but havnt herd much about it lately.

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Theoretically the appearance of uber Diablo has to do with selling SOJs to merchants. If I understand it correctly from what I've read, servers are designated periodically as "hot" for the appearance of uber D, and once that happens the counter starts counting all SOJs sold on that server. Once the required number is reached, uber D appears in all active hell difficulty games on that server. It's by server, not by realm, so you may be in a hell diff game in USEast and not see him, while your buddy in a different hell diff game will.

As usual, this system gets exploited by morons with no life who monitor the servers and have a way figuring out which is the hot server and also have a way of starting games on that specific server. There are hacker sites out there that explain how this is done.

I'd think that soon they'll have to change the system by which uber D appears, because (hopefully) people are running out of duped SOJs by now.

Yeah, like two patches ago I believe. They reduced (or eliminated) the chance to freeze on attack.

3. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    thanks lurk

Hitometer: 53,810,992 since 1995