Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Sorrow Hill 5

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm in awe of this guy. Video got posted yesterday.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=16678

His build is not what I thought. I've seen 28/23/0 called the "Sorrow Hill" build, I always assumed that's what Otherguy had. Maybe he did at one time, but he shows his spec in this video, it's 21/30/0.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's the exact same buld that I suggested Jake should do should he respec. Fireball isn't used much except as an opener so Impact is more desirable and having that 1 point in Improved Fire Blast really makes a difference since you want your instant nukes up as soon as possible (having more than 1 point is a waste though since it only goes up by .25 sec after the initial point).

I had almost the same build as one time except no Burning Soul, 3 points in Improved Scorch instead.

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    From the looks of it, he probably has close to full Netherwinds. He is good but this time he shows fights against sub-standard opponents even though some have epic gear (Judgement Pally is one). His damage is comparable to mine (420ish scorch) even though I'm not fire spec'd so I don't have that +10% fire dmg. His build is good all-around. Notice the warlock couldn't do much to him with the imp out, would be different with a felhunter or succubus though. And one more thing, he hasn't gone up against a double-trinket Frostie yet.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    ...for PvP. Not having talented Fireball in PvE would gimp your DPS, and I do both.

Plus I like Pyroblast. :D

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah I noticed some of his opponents seem pretty lame, but still his reaction times and tactics are good regardless. His key bindings are crazy, though. I'd have to relearn the game if I did something like that.

Warlocks with Imps out are just asking to get destroyed. It's like, ooh that Firebolt tickled me a little bit.

He may not have shown himself against a double-trinket Frostie, but that won't be as big a deal in 1.10. Double-trinket Frosties tend to be gimpy one-trick ponies, anyway. Who wants to watch that?

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Fire is great but frosties will win with enough dmg gear. Reason: Ice block can get out of anything so pretty much guaranteed first hit. Almost guaranteed crit with nova so that set-up would go, CS -> Nova -> trinket -> Frostbolt + CoC combo or PoM + Frostbolt (CoC if still frozen). Well that's how my build would work (28 arc/23 frost atm). No need for 1.10 restrictions. And yea, that AP + double-trinket combo is lame. I don't do it.

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Guildy of mine (fire mage) was really pissed when his PoM + Pyro did only 50 dmg. It was pretty funny seeing him spam in the mage/guild channel about his Pyro getting resisted for 1300 and 650 absorbed. Have to remember that nowadays everyone stack up on FR for MC/BWL and after seeing all those crazy fire mage videos. Luckily they haven't came out with an Ice dungeon yet so not too many CR. It's bound to happen though.

Hitometer: 53,596,395 since 1995