Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Socketable Expectional Items?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Grubb, Jul 31, 2000.

1. Grubb

Grubb Peasant

Market Rating:
    Anyone know if there are socketable exceptional items? I haven't come across any yet, and I've not read anything anywhere about them, so I'm guessing they don't exist, but anyone seen any with your own eyes? As for the folks who don't know what expectional items are, you'll understand when you beat D2 on normal. [​IMG]

------------------
    Hello Titanic, this is the Hindenburg. We're here to rescue you, send up a flare.

2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I haven't seen one yet, but I have read reports on other forums that they exist.

Even better confirmation is that the official strategy website, the chaos sanctum, lists some of the exceptional items with sockets.

Take helms for example: www.battle.net/diablo2/items/ehelms.shtml

I could really use a socketed grand crown if anyone finds one.

I'm also planning on imbuing a set of war guantlets, and I'm a little impatient to find them (figure they'll start dropping by act III or IV). I'd trade something moderately useful from my jewelry collection for some normal war guantlets.

It will be a while before I'm ready for one (need about 30 more dex from leveling and items), but I'm also very interested in rare Bec-De-Corbins (exceptional halberds) with good modifiers.

3. Mendel

Mendel Peasant

Market Rating:
    Heh; Yea, well, if theyre wernt socketed exceptionals, gems would have 0 practical value [​IMG]

Which reminds me; I have a rare death mask, called the Dread Circlet...very cool stuff, 151 defence [​IMG]

Ive also seen socketable rares....has anyone else confirmed this possibility? Or are they just hacked?

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    it is true, there are socketable rares, but they usualy suck without perfect gems to help them. I saw someone find a socketable rare war sword, but the damage on it was like 10 - 25 or something like that... Not sure if there are stronger socketable rares, but I would assume so...

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    As far as I know shields, helms and weapons are only socetable items, so you'd be looking a long time for socketed gauntlets [​IMG]

------------------
    "A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic"

6. Mendel

Mendel Peasant

Market Rating:
    Uh, Imbue means Imbuin with Charsi, not using gems [​IMG]

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    The only socketable exceptional weapon that I've found has been a bec-de-corbin. It's a pole arm.
    I'm looking for a sockable Zweihander or something of that nature.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

Hitometer: 53,830,731 since 1995