Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

So, what's new everyone?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Moose, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have been very inactive lately as I have been playing EverCrack the past week. I am not sure how I feel about it, but it is a welcome vacation from D2X. Anyone else out there (besides Sparhawk, saw the sig) playing? I have my necro up to a clvl of 7 (in only about 18 hours of play) and reside on the Luclin server.

Haha, a nice non-diablo related post. Do your best!

2. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    alas, no.

I really would like to try it out, but don't think they would appreciate my playing at work (the only place where I have access to a peecee). :(

Pretty sure it is one of those games that I would be near instantly addicted to.

3. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am finding myself traveling down that path (to addiction). There are aspects to it which are very welcome. There is less lag, and when you do, it is not a death sentence if your are in battle. I have had anemies vanish and me standing with 25% of my health after a lag spike. Acceptable trade-off. I really like the trade skills thing. That adds a fun dimension to the game. The downside (if you really want to see it as one) is that character progression is slow, very slow compaired to D2. But hitting a new level has meant more since it is a longer journey.

Good and bad sides to it. I see the addiction coming. Coming very soon!

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Inky Necro?!? EEEVIL! EVIL I SAY! :evil: (Dark Elf Necromancers are the exact opposite of my character, a Dwarf Paladin, just FYI).

It really isn't slow, it's just in the beginning when you have nothing and have to buy spells, etc. It took me a month to get to 12, from July to now I got to 26 (with a lot of pissing around doing various things like baking and questing for the Silentwatch Shield). Once you get some equipment, it's not too difficult to do a level every two days or so. It's the cash that's killer. Luckily, I got twinked by a lvl60 in Kelethin at the Orc Lift with a MotQ. Hehe. Just about Plotzed.

The trade Skills are cool. Do baking first, if you can afford it. Once you get to the point where you're making fish rolls, you're actually making money. Not much, but enough for a lower level character to make it worthwile. It took me 20PP or so to get to 134. Bat Crunchies then Fish Fillets then Fish Rolls. That'll get you to 142. Get the money by nuking skellies and picking up bone chips. You can sell bone chips to the higher level characters for 2pp a stack minimum. I don't remember the trivial levels, check www.everlore.com for the details.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i work with a guy that is addicted to EQ. and his sister met her husband on EQ. :eek:

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    That's freakin' scary!

--Haite

7. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well, see, in everquest you actually have to..like..be civilized and actually interact with people. If you piss someone off, the next thing you'll find is that they've trained 300 orcs onto your ass while you're meditating. You can't just come into a game, go hostile on people, then run away like some of these biznatches in Diablo. It's actually possible to track people down and kick their ass. Plus you can challenge people to a duel to the death. It cuts down on all the crap.

8. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have found that the people that play Evercrack are much more polite and helpful to others. And as you pointed out, having a train brought your way sucks the big one and if you aren't prepared, such as when mediating, it can be certain death.

Some newbie brought a skeleton train to an area that I was meditating. It was 4 skels, 1 lesser mummer, and a zombie. I was dead before I could even stand up. Those damn Skels stun me all the time. Bastards. My poor pet just crumbled.

Exact opposite, eh???? That is true and it makes life tough. Nothing like walking in to talk to a vendor and finding out that you are KOS there. Thankfully some poeple will offer to drop your body out so you can actually retrieve it. Of course after you run threw a few zones naked. I don't get bind till lvl 12. Good fun so far. Very nice distraction!

9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Don't forget to remap your 'a' key to something else. It only takes one time of accidentally attacking a high level MoB and getting your ass kicked to make you change it... Hehe.

BTW, I tried to send you a message but I don't know whether it actually went or not. I need your help muling some stuff to the new ranger I just started. I tried the old 'drop it on the ground-log out-log back in trick' but some freakin' MoB picked it up. Sigh. 10pp down the drain (it had 16 crushbone belts I had just bought at 5gp each).

10. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    "KoS"
    "MoB"

???

fill us in.

11. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    KoS is Kill on Sight, I am not sure what MoB is. That is a term I have heard on occation and am looking into.

Hehe, I know the "a" key all too well. Got my first bitch-slapping from my guild master when I accidentally attacked him. I have since wisened up!

We are on different servers. Can we interact with each other? Or would I have to create a new character on your server so you can passs the goods over so I can hand them off to you? I can create a new character on my current account on a different server right?

I am not sure if I got your tell. Try again tonight. I will be on from about 5 pm till about 8 pm est, then on a bit on Sunday (depends when the wife goes to work) and then Monday evening, all night (no sleep) till Tuesday am around 9 am, have to prep and paint the bathroom (2-3 hours tops) then on till about 9 pm and then it is sleep time. You can catch me anytime in there.

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    EverQuest is a PC only game, huh?

Sounds like a lot of fun... :(

13. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'll certainly be looking into it, I had two friends that played it and talked about it a lot. The prospect of the game being bigger (D2 is a rather small world...) is alluring.

--Haite

14. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    MoB = Mean old Bastard???? Looks good to me.

15. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    KoS = Kill on Sight
    MoB = Movable Object

In Everquest, there's a system called Faction. If you have good faction with one group, they look on you kindly and give you their quests. If you have bad faction, they look on you badly. Worse faction, worse outlook on you. Eventually you get to the point that if you're low enough on their shit list, they'll attack you on sight. If they're around your level or higher, they'll aggro 'ie get aggressive' and start kicking your ass. If you're KoS with a faction, any MoB (movable object, NPC, monster) will attack you automatically if you get close enough. If there's a group of them, they'll ALL aggro you and begin kicking your ass.

Now, you can effect faction by killing MoBs, doing quests, etc. Killing one MoB will put you on their shit list, plus their allies, and give you good points with their enemies. You sorta have to be careful what you kill because you never know when you might need to go somewhere to get something for a quest.

For example, one of my quests, part of the Paladin 'Epic Quest', is to get a sword called Soulfire (a holy sword). It's pretty cool because it's a flaming blade when you hold it. Anyway, to get the last piece of the quest, you have to kill the captain of the corrupt guards in a city called Freeport. Unfortunately, that makes it so you can't go there anymore afterwards, or the guards will attack you on sight.

I've held off doing the last part because a) I still need to go there b) he'd kick my ass (you need a group of 10 or so high level characters to help you) and c) anyone who helps or even heals a participant get's branded with the same KoS 'faction hit'. It can be a pain, but it's fun too. I have minimum faction with a certain group of orcs, so when they see me they attack (usually). I'm too high now, so I pretty much hack them to death. Hehe.

Whew.

16. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Both my characters are in Kelethin at the moment. You'd have to create a temporary character on Vazaelle to do this. It's cool tho, as you can delete him after you're done, or whatever (you can have up to 8 characters total, on all the servers). You'd have to make him a wood elf, ranger and start him in Kelethin on the Vazaelle server. Monday after 5pm would be good for me. maybe we could set up a time...

17. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Sounds a lot more involved then D2. I'll try and find the EQ site, and maybe there's a demo I can try when I get DSL set up again (to download big crap like that) - hopefully inside a week, around or about the 22nd is when it's supposed to happen.

--Haite

18. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    The game is cheap, like $19 USD, plus you'd probably want to get the Kunark upgrade. That should hold you until level 30 or so. Each upgrade is a new continent they 'discover'. It's pretty cool because you have to ride these big ass pirate ships to get there. Hehe. It's costing me $15/month to play it (you need a credit card to activate the account, and it costs $9 something per month USD).

Big ain't the word. HUGE is the word. You can actually walk from one end of the continent to the other. Takes about two hours, but it's fairly cool. I was on a boat last night when it got 'stuck' on a reef (server got munged). That hardly ever happens. Anyway, the GM (game master) shouts 'Servers Popping in one minute!' meaning they're going to reboot them. NP, I think. All of a sudden I'm on an island with 15 other people. Castaway! It was a place where they're all KoS to good guys. Whoops. A higher level cast SoW (Shadow of Wolf, like a haste spell to run faster), levitate, and continuous breath (so I wouldn't drown) and three of us ran across the surface of the ocean to a safe harbor. Man, that was fun (but scary!). My levitate ran out JUST as I reached the shore. Hehe. Brown pants time there...

19. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    http://www.everquest.com

The best info site (like d2.net) is called Everlore http://www.everlore.com

20. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Omfg :rofl:.

I found everquest.com , figured their URL would be something easy like that... Game looks very interesting and all, but I don't know if I like the pay server idea. Of course I could easily afford it, but after 10 months of p(l)aying, you've turned a $20 game into a $100 game... If I ever eventually do get it though I'd probably make a Wizard (they sound interesting), and maybe a ShadowKnight on the side to duel your Paladin :p. I suppose for $20 you can't go wrong, if I don't like it then I just don't sign up for a server account. I guess now I just have to fit it into the schedule (along with the 5.1 speakers, 19" monitor, Q3A, Half-Life [undecided], 20x10x40x yamaha CD-RW, and second hard drive... I guess it'll be a while ;)).

--Haite

Hitometer: 53,597,486 since 1995