Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

So sad

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Scorpion, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yesterday when I went to a card shop (since they have MTG tournaments every Friday nights) one of the guys that I know said that he also played WoW but he was on a PvP realm. He was asking me for some advice and we talked for a bit. He started saying how bad his guild was: they'd charge him 2-3g for a low level enchantment like +armor, + 15 health, etc., they wouldn't tell him where to go to do quests (he'd had to send tells for about 5 mins before he even get a yes/no answer), and they'd go solo'ing instead of trying to help in any way. I asked him why he still stayed in that guild and he said there's a few people that he knows in the guild and they'd help him out and he couldn't find another guild to join. If I were him, I'd rather just leave and play on my own or with people that are nice.

2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    just out of curiosity, how many guilds are there on average per server? anbody know?

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It seems like most guilds / people are like that.

It is very difficult to find people who are truly willing to help. And of the few people that are willing to help, most of them have selfish motivations, like they might need the same quest... and once they finish the quest they are gone.

While I play my low level priest, I keep an eye out for potential recruits. So far I have played with nothing but selfish, greedy people.

No idea. Probably a alot.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've played with tons of awesome people. If I need help I'll ask someone or a group and they'll almost always invite me in and help me with the quest or apologize for not having time. Most people agree to help me with other quests as well once I'm in the group.

Some people are definitely dicks though. The other day some guy in wetlands was shouting asking for help so I whispered him offering help, he accepted so I ran all the way over there and once I got there he grouped with some other guy and told me to "nvm". So I ran around AoE'ing the camps of gnolls he needed help with killing and looting the chests so I got all the benefit and he didn't. Kind of vengeful but I was there so I figured I might as well do something. Got a lot of potions.

Then there are the people who broadcast LFM, you whisper and get into the group and after running to the quest location they drop you and invite someone else. That's just lame. I never kick people out in favor of another person even if they're a higher level/better suited. The other guy was there first and has priority.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    With my mage it's not so bad. But with my priest I only get people who lie to me about their reasons for not helping me... like they think I will resent honesty or something. Quite the opposite.

If I had to guess, I would say priests are not valued at lower levels, but that changes at higher levels.

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    mixed bag on my end. I got a couple people who were really willing to help me and were getting themselves killed trying to help me farm gnolls and orcs in Redridge. After that was over, a dick decided to watch me get killed taking down the boss goretusk and then went in and took him out. grr.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's definitely annoying. I hate it when people say that they have to go and then you see them back at the meeting stone trying to organize another group. If you think our group sucks then say so and leave, don't pretend that you have to go do something.

Also yeah, at lower levels I think priests are more of a third wheel since most mobs are easily soloable. Later on you need the healing support.
    That sucks, if there are other people hanging around at a quest mob spawn and I'm attacking the mob I normally invite them into my group so they can get credit as well. The lost experience is negligible and it's always nice to have the favor returned.

I always watching out for people that need help as well. Dying and trying to retrieve your corpse sucks so I'm more than happy to throw out a fireblast at some mob to save them the trouble. Most people are nice about it and it often results in a group invite.

8. CW

CW MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Drop a bad guild like a hot rock

I would strongly suggest to anyone in a bad guild simply to leave.

It's usually not hard to get help for stuff simply by chatting on the general or LFG channels. This pertains to questions for quests and all sorts of genreal questions.

So a bad guild offers practically nothing over having no guild at all. If you have friends within this guild, simply add them to your friends list and drop out of the guild. If these friends add you to their friends list, I can see no drawback from dropping out of the "bad" guild.

I have no character over level 20. But I have a number of those (sorry... no priest... yet...). This is definitely the most "together" and helpful guild. It's seconded by the guild my undead warlock is in.

After that, it's my experience that guilds are more commonly dead than bad. An observation: any guild that expects or requires you as a new invitee to invite others is likely headed to oblivion.

Probably especially because the fact that many jerks abound, if you run around guildless and are genuinely helpful, you will get invited to guilds.

Now that I have experience with "good" guilds, I'll likely be dropping out of a few...

On this topic, what's the process for a "footman" here to extend an invite to someone?

I had a funny experience wity my Pally (other server) where a bunch of newbie lowbies (you could tell because everyone was excited about the "subway") had a lot of fun together but none of us could invite others or remember who invited us or get ahold of anyone who seemed able to invite. Another example of a guild likely headed into oblivion.

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Anyone that's labelled as a Commander or above can extend guild invites. There is a bit of a process before anyone is actually invited though, but referring them to us is the way to handle it. A recommendation on your part, such as a witness as to how they were helpful to you, also would help a lot.

10. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    You may also refer them to this site in order to register. They may then contact Jake fairly easily through p.m.

Hitometer: 53,597,321 since 1995