Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Snarler

Discussion in 'Gallery Shots' started by Unshra, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Unshra

Unshra Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well here are his tamed pics in the exact spot I found him as well .

Note:
    • He has a very long respawn and wonders all over the norther part of the Feralas on the East side of the lake.
    • Yes he phases but there is enough time to adjust your character to face him again.
    • The hardest part about him is the number of mobs around him (all 41-42) and the risk of aggro one of those mobs while taming him.
    • He comes with Bite 6 so that means he'll start with -20 training points (not an issue just good to know.)
    • Finally yes he has 100 resist to all but his attack speed is very slow (he still makes a great tank though.)

Attached Files:

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    whoa, he is mean looking

3. Unshra

Market Rating:
    Hehe, yes he does and he wont stop howling too, though it's kind of cool that he howls after every kill (over exaggerating.) I think it's cool that blizzard speed up the idle animations in the last patch, even if Nelok looks like he has ADD. ^_^

Also for those planing on taming him, once his loyalty is level 2 he'll gain 42 points, so he'll have 22 training pointed left at level 2 which is enough to train him in growl 5.
    It took a little over an hour for him to reach level 2 and 15 mins after hitting level 2 he reached level 3.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It just occured to me... my mage probably couldn't kill that guy huh. :scratchh:

5. Unshra

Market Rating:
    With 100 resist for Arcane, Fire, Nature, Frost and Shadow it would be a challenge but you would most likely win, it would just resist many of your attacks that's all. ^_^

If you want you can dual him just to see.

6. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hey Unshra, I still have about another level to go (pretty close to 41) but I was wondering if there was anywhere specific I can find this guy? Is he easy to find because I dont really want to spend hours looking for him. Any directions you can give to his whereabouts (like landmarks) would be great. I tried to find him once before just to take a look and I guess he wanted to be a no show........ :/

Edit: Okay just found out he has an eight hour respawn time. I might just pass this one by. I also found out that the longtooth runners in feralas are extremely fast, supposedly they could run circles around bangalesh and the mounts that cost 1000g. Could be nice to know for later, when we are chasing people down and ripping them apart in pvp.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2005
  7. Unshra

Market Rating:
    The respawn is not that bad, after a server restart you can head to the area where he's at or just long on during the early hours. So far that area on our server is quite empty in terms of players so you have a great chance of finding him the first time. Also yes the long tooth runners are fast they are te same speed as bangladash, they appear faster do to their size (I made the mistake of misjudging their speed) but if you use go into first person with them you'll see that they are not as fast as they appear in third person.

Back on Snarler, I found or I should say caught up with Snarler near a giant ancient ruin. It's round and has stairs leading up to the top, I believe there is a pool of water in the center but I can't remember (Isf you look at my screenshot you'll see it on the mini map.) You can't miss it, if you follow the main road it will be on the right and normally has quite a few wolfs and bears walking around it. Other then that I would recommend using the map at Allakhazam as it show all the locations where Snarler has been found so far.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
    Calendryll and Jakeman like this.
  8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    BUMP for Netbrianw

Hitometer: 53,943,665 since 1995