Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

SKI SEASON!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gilgamesh, Dec 1, 2004.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Any of our Canadian bretheren (sisters) ever ski Mont-Tremblant in the Laurentian Mtns?

What are your reviews... ?

2. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    well I'm no canadian brother of yours, but since I used to go to a french school in the suburbs of washington D.C., I used to go with a school group almost every february up to quebec (to ski). my last time going, I stayed with some friends in a hotel in the town at the foot of mont tremblant. I gotta say that up untill the point where I experienced some extremely bad memories, I had the time of my life.

I've skiied in new mexico, italy, and switzerland. what I remember about tremblant is the awesome atmosphere that went with the town... it was like christmas land! the little place was built to go with the mountain... such a beautiful place. and oh, I love les poutines (french fries with melted cheese and gravy), a special quebecoi (sp?) dish.

gilgamesh, have you been to the pool with the rope hangin over it and the steam rooms somewhere round there?

oh and the skiing was ok. not like the alps. and very crowded

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've only skied pretty much all the mountains in BC.

4. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't like the cold, but for some reason, I've always wanted to go skiing. Go figure.

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Never been there... was looking to get a review of the place. Most of the mountains that I've skiied are in either Jersey, Pennsylvannia, NY, or Oregon. So, I would imagine that Tremblent is alot better...

Long lines just seem to go with a good place...

6. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    well my memory may be hazy about the quality, but tremblant is the biggest mountain in the area and the most popular. like I said, it's also a resort with a little town and hotels. other places in the area don't have that accomodation and thus fewer people. but if you're looking for a place on the east coast, I'd definitely recommend it. the mountain was impressive for me, having lived in a flat city. also, I once saw that tremblant had really good reviews in some magazine that included places all over the country. my point before was that I thought the overall trip was great

7. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wait, what?

All the mountains are awesome when they have good snow, however the coastal mountains blow most of the time because they get wet snow or the snow melts during the day and freezes again at night leaving ice and crunchy shit.

The interior mountains are awesome much more of the time. They get less snow, but it's drier and sticks around longer since it's always below zero.

9. ProXie

ProXie Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't ski nor do I live in Canada. I snowboard every chance I get. The mountains around here I would imagine suck compared to the ones you have in Canada.

Hitometer: 53,597,490 since 1995