Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Shadowbane you guys, you should read

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TonyTheMad, Feb 24, 2002.

1. TonyTheMad

TonyTheMad Peasant

Market Rating:
    http://shadowbane.ubisoft.com

theres this cool lookin MMORPG being developed for PC and *gasp* Mac!
    It'll be out later this year, and it seems to have a big basis on Guilds. Guilds can build entire cities and form political groups blah blah.

It sounds really cool, but I have a few questions for you guys.

Are you guys interested in this game?
    and if you are, would you be interested in forming a guild with both mAc and MSC in it which would be much cooler since we can make one giant guild and dominate the WORLD MUAHAH

Theres also Deth
    http://deth.macdiablo2.com
    they're really into MMORPGs it seems, and if they can tear themselves away from DAoC they're probably gonna get into shadowbane.

But yeh, if you guys are interested, we should form one large group out of all our guilds =)

Let me know what you think

Read some of the FAQ's on their site while you're at it.

2. TonyTheMad

TonyTheMad Peasant

Market Rating:
    Some more

I've been reading a bit more...

If not one large guild, we can form seperate guilds that are allied with each other. This can be better or worse depending...

we'll retain our individuality of course and have our own management systems and we can come to each others defense if a siege is sent, as well as provide a place to stay should one of us fall to a siege...

but seperate we'll be less powerful, ya know what I mean

just some more info =)

3. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    There are a bunch of us on this forum that have been interested in shadowbane for a while now (I know I've been interested since late 99)

I dunno about one guild but allied guilds sounds better (as long as past hostilities :( can stay burried )

4. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    this game looks like most of the other mmorpg's. But i does look kinda cool to me...i would like to be in on this if it ever happens... just as long as-
    they dont make yah pay to play it online.- daoc
    not dominated by a coupla classes - d2
    money is easy to come by- d2
    The game does look cool tho

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    very interested in this game. also interested in doing one big guild. i don't think past hostilities would be a problem. geez, both sides were so lame during that whole thing. i went back into the old threads in the clan forum and read some of my posts regarding {mAc} a while back... :rolleyes: @ me. the main question is: what tag / clan name do we use?

tony! any more cool armor or medieval weapons? :p

6. TonyTheMad

TonyTheMad Peasant

Market Rating:
    mmm... you see the suit of armor I made?

anyway, for role playing purposes, if we all banded together It'd be something unique and fantasyish (naturally, since it IS a role playing game)

Then would come the circumstances of who would be guild leader, what type of guild we'd be, what our profession is, who would be what type of class (its best to be varied, but we can't have things like shades and half-giants in the same guild I don't think)

I'd probably be a Half-Giant Templar Commander
    (race, class, discipline)

Theres 4 basic government type a guild can have. Monarchy, Oligarchy, Republic, and Democracy

It should probably be an Oligarchy or Republic in my opinion. Then theres an Inner Circle. The Guild leader can choose their inner circle, so the guild leader would probably be the leader of one of our clans (i wouldn't really wanna be it), and the Inner circle would be the most esteemed members of both our clans.

yadda yadda

and yes, it will probably be $10 month to play it online, like ALL MMORPGs

Last edited: Feb 24, 2002
  7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i could be the guild leader if the game is cool enough and i really get into it.

8. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    I would vote for jakeman being the leader since he is god of all java script (couldnt think of anything better to say ;) ) but i like the idea of allied guilds since not all races and what not cant be in the same guild...... You COULD try making a kingdom and being king of that! and have all of us in whatever guild be allied to the kingdom.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    god of php :p

10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    wow this game looks sweet. i was reading over the FAQ and looking on screenies. it's cool that each guild gets their own city and buildings and stuff.

i'm thinking we should do separate guilds and ally with the fealty (sp?) system they have.

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Agreed. No offence, but I'm not ready to have my guild led by members out of our clan (msc).

--Haite

12. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    :stupid:

dont bring that inner circle bullshit over to our clan.

13. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Democracy also has an inner circle, they can just be voted off it the same with the leader, I think we would be more partial to the democracy

14. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    My input: seperate allied guilds. we should also have some kind of message board set up for all the members of the 2 guilds (or is it 3?) so that we can talk together. Is it possible to do a sub-domain with a seperate vb system without having to pay the fee again?

how big is the inner circle allowed to be? Is an inner circle required? What do the members of the inner circle actually do?
    I guess it could be set up like the boards with mods being in the inner circle if we have to have one. I'd rather not have too much power, though, it might go to my head. :D

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i would rather do a monarchy where i control everything. what can an inner circle do that one leader can't? this way there is no dispute over puppet positions in the government (lame and lame). we can vote on issues on the forums and then i can implement them immediately. simple.

{mAc} members who play Shadowbane can be added to the clan member user group so they have access to clan forums... or i can give them their own user group with a separate member listing, it would just take a little extra coding on my part. if it's all the same i would just assume use the existing clan member user group.

16. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    but what if you wig out and become a power hungry lunatic or just ignore the majority vote(as seen in the tag fiasco)? would not a democracy be better?

17. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    we could ignore him and continue to use the old tag :p

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    heeeeeyyyyy... it's me! :p

19. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm the best. I claim position as leader.

BOW PUNY MORTALS!

20. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    :D this is my current policy

but of course if something were to happen in the game it could be more binding and we couldent say [sarcasm ]"ok Jakeman the new tag is msc_ what ever you say"[/sarcasm ]

Hitometer: 53,811,992 since 1995