Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Server info and stuff

Discussion in 'Shadowbane' started by Moose, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just got message today that I am a beta tester. Where do you all play so that I can get in touch with you all when I get in there? I assume that servers are exclusive and that they do not mingle at all. All I can say is that my toons name will be Dulwin. I nothing beyond that. :)

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    We usually start in the "Hamlet of Gwenmoot". If you get on, do a /tell Mongo because I might be on.

3. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    there is only one server, only one world on that server, but there are several towns. You can easily jump from town to town. Gwenmoot is a good place to hang out for a couple levels, then i usually go to Justan's Rest and head west/southwest to kill grobolds. About level 8 or so i head to bandit wetlands.

Always get into groups, solo killing is very slow and dangerous and the rewards are slim. Groups, even just 2 or 3 people, have a tremendous advantage levelling.

I have one character in n00bieland now, Cade, he is a 1st level rogue/archer. I am on late, like 10pm central time, look me up as Cade or Cynan, but my Cynan char is on the mainland.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    solo = slower leveling but more gold and items

5. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks for the info, the d/l last night did not happen. I am assuming the servers were jammed with 3k people trying to d/l all at once in addition to those that were patching.

6. Unshra

Unshra Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well I'm also a new tester and I'm currently playing Luin'tel Uns an Assassin. I'm currently looking for some good hunting grounds for a lvl 13 and currently I'm soloing giant boars and bears for good xp but it gets dull after awhile.

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I started a new char but then realized my ping was 4,000. I promptly stopped playing indefinitely.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i have also had major latency problems with the shadowbane servers

9. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    according to the SB boards, WP has an extra laggy version of the server in place right now to help find the problem. it's extra laggy because they've added a bunch of debug code to help them find the problem.

Hitometer: 53,853,604 since 1995