Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

seperating a movie into its frames

Discussion in 'Mac' started by aleldtritch, May 22, 2002.

1. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    i'm making a movie for my American History Class and the script we wrote is US history as it would be in Star Wars, and i wanted to make some lightsaber effects. i figured out how to do it in Photoshop, but i don't want to spend the time exporting each frame from iMovie, opening it in PS, editing it, saving it, and then importing it back into iMovie. i'm wondering if there's a faster way...i realize no matter what i'll still have to edit a few hundred frames for a minute long battle, but i'd like to save myself the importing and saving and such that i would have to do for each frame. can anyone name a program that will do something to make my task easier?

it could convert a movie to a 400x1600000 pixel image that has all the frames and allow it to be imported back in, or make it a huge animated gif, so i could edit each frame and then export it....and it doesn't have to be freeware...just under $100

oh, and because this doesn't seem to go without saying here, it has to run on a Mac ;)

2. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 53,850,838 since 1995