Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Second ZG run, same time next week?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Is anyone who attended ZG not able or willing to attend next weekend? Antimilker is planning on the same time next weekend.

Not to criticize Amicus, but some people weren't happy with the ZG run. There was general frustration over the problems and wipes we had. If ZG isn't working for you then we need to know. Learning a new raid instance takes time and commitment.

2. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Weekends are never good for me. I usually go home on weekends to appease my parents. Next weekend I will be home and unable to attend.

3. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i also will not be able to do it next weekend, due to prior commitments.

4. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm willing to go if needed and I have more than 10 min advance notice. Ill tell you this as well, Sleet really knows his sh1t there. I was impressed with how he handled things. But yes your are right Jake, it will take time for everyone to trust one another and to learn the instance. This isnt a "complete it all in one weekend for the first time" kind of thing. It will probably take weeks of running this to really get it down pat.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Tentatively available, I'll let you know later in the week. When do we have to let AA know? To Cal's point though, Sleet does know what's up. I would like to join one of his runs some weekend also.

Overall I thought they were a fun bunch, and I was expecting wipes so that didn't bother me. Looting took a little too long and there was too much dead time, but other than that it was fine.

New content is always going to be full of wipes for a while. Expansion's new 5-man dungeons will be no different.

6. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Leadership wasn't the main reason the run didn't go smoothly. In my opinion, people didn't know the basic roles and rules of raiding. The off-tanks were not off-tanking very well and the DPS people were not waiting for the mobs to be aggro'd before attacking which made it even harder on the off-tanks. This was even the case with myself trying to get aggro and draw a boss to a specific area. For instance, once the boss was pulled off of me into the entire group for an instant wipe.

For future runs, I do not think the level and item requirements should be laxed in order to fill a group. No matter how good the leadership or strategy was, our group was simply incapable of doing well.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    welcome to my world, Agar :)

When you can address people by name on Vent comfortably, and know them by the sounds of their voices, you will have made a big step forward. People listen better if they know who's giving them the orders, and will be embarrassed rather than offended when you call them for pulling agro and wiping the raid.

Wipes are 90% one person's mistake, and when 90% of your raid group is prone to those mistakes, it will take a while to get everyone on track. Just keep going with that same group, make sure everyone is on voice, and make sure everyone knows it when they do something wrong.

Greens or not, you'll down Hakkar eventually. I think he's harder than Rag or Onyxia, to be honest.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm not sure I agree that fear of embarrassment is the key to a successful raid, nor that blame should be assigned on wipes. If you're raiding with that attitude find another hobby.

Wipes happen. One of MSC's strengths is that we don't call people out or embarrass them for their accidents. Constructive criticism, yes. Blame, no. Then we pick up and move on.

9. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Embarrassment is not intended but it can influence people to try not to mess up as much. Nobody likes getting blamed, that's true. But if you pull aggro from the tank (that's the number one cause of wipes, other than healers letting the tank die) and the mob has nasty AOE, and wipes the raid with said AOE, it's more or less your fault. Mobs that use AOE use it intelligently - only when there's enough targets to make it worthwhile. What's better, being next to one tank or 10 squishy casters?

You tell the offender that he pulled agro and wiped the raid. Next attempt, he doesn't nuke as much, the tank holds agro the whole fight, and you win. It's that simple - no hard feelings intended, and if you know all the people well, none are incurred either and embarrassment becomes a moot point.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I think that's what he said.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    We need more than 2 for next week. This was to be a weekly thing.

12. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yes. Yes it is.

I am incapable of being embarrassed. DPS is my job and I will do it to the hilt. You don't want me to pull aggro? Tank better. Agar knows. :D

13. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i still have interest in going, and if it turns out i can go i will. however, i am almost positive that i dont have the time required this week.

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    2 bosses down this week (snake and bat).

Made one attempt on spider, wiped.

15. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Some people play pingpong with Spider by having two tanks separated by a long distance, and everyone else trades places whenever she webs the agro'ed tank. We've found it works better just to have the second tank in between and taunt her back to the main tank... minimizes exposure to her AOE, which I hear is getting nerfed soon anyways.

16. Malvicus

Malvicus MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Hey Guys, Just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for your participation. You guys bring a lot of firepower to the raid and it's quite welcome. I definitely would like to continue to improve our progress in ZG next saturday.

I was looking over a few strats for the spider boss. We have several pvp pallies that should have improved Blessing of Freedom. So perhaps keeping that spell on you will keep you at the top of that boss' Aggro list while the palies take turns keeping that spell on ya every 10 seconds or so.

Hitometer: 53,596,971 since 1995