Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Scout/Ranger Guild

Discussion in 'Shadowbane' started by Rhys, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    With the advent of a new build and major changes to city planning, politics, and sieging, Oni and I have been discussing how a small guild could fit into the picture. If you have not read the new build notes, get over to the SB beta site and read them -thoroughly- please!

Some points to be made:
    - 3.20 will feature ToLs which have 6 or 8 invulnerability slots which can be applied to buidings of choice. Any non-protected buildings can be attacked and razed easily, so the consensus is that we'll see several smaller cities where single huge megalopolises once stood to ensure invulnerability of all important structures.

- Many of the big and powerful guilds of builds past are going to play within the Lore this round! Bone's guildmates are all playing Shades, Sanguine Wild all Ranger and Druids, another is Elf-only, Tearin is doing a guild bound to the All-Father etc. Nobody is forcing roleplay, they're just moving their guilds into SB Lore categories.

Now if you combine both of these points, you see a pattern which should cause a lot more subguilding. The Shade guild for example will have no healers, and House Daenyr (the Church of the All-Father guild) will be short on Scout and Ranger type classes. Oni has actually discussed this with Tearin a bit. If all goes well in their discussions we can perhaps fill the niche for them.

Our city could be something like this:
    - ToL
    - Single ring of walls and 4 towers (which can now have archer guards but will be quite expensive to maintain)
    - Forest Sanctuary with Ranger and Scout trainers (can it hold more than two?)
    - Armory with swordsmith and bowyer
    - Armory with light and medium armorers
    - Shop with Sage
    - Church with Bursar
    - a couple of Barracks
    - more if the tree has more protective slots.

Being sub'd to House Daenyr will mean additional trainers and shops are close by. We can use theirs and if they need to they can come use ours.

To pull this off we need to be active and cohesive. We all need to play Human (or half human) Rangers and Scouts for the most part (nothing says we can't have some alts for utility work,they just won't have any services/trainers available to them in the home town), we all need to help each other level even if that means making newb island chars for just the purpose of helping our lowbies. Everyone must be prepared to abide by the lore and everyone must put the group over their individual wants. This game is best played GvG, politically, not lone wolf in the woods killing the odd troll or lizard man. I want to have a go at being part of the story this round, not waiting for someone to bring the story to us.

Let me know here or through AIM or email if you are interested in making a go of this type of guild this build.

Thanks!

2. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I think going one type only is not a good idea if you have to rely on other guilds to round you out. If there was a political falling-out, we would not be able to function. I think we need a few healers, etc. As long as we can have alts to use as well, I'm all for it.

I have no problems with allying with any group anymore. As long as the guild is not stupid and makes all the other guilds mad, I think an alliance would be ok.

3. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I liked the Dwarves. I really like my dwarven prelate as a character. Playing a healer is much fun - everyone wants a healer around. Sometimes they even share stuff. ;)

So, if we can keep a prelate trainer handy, I'm all for it.

4. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sounds good as I was planning on playing a ranger anyways, although I'd really like to be an an elf(Thief/Ranger/Bladeweaver/Bounty Hunter is what I had planned)

5. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I can do ranger... or I might be a scout

6. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    So, if we do do this ranger/scout guild what are our goals/motivations going to be?

7. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    If I can find a way to download the game again I'm in. The stupid company removed the PC download from the list... :mad:

8. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    whoops i deleted it too.

9. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
  10. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm just going with House Daenyr, a human Noble House with close relationship to the All-Father. We're too small to do our own thing, especially with the new costs of maintaining a town, hooooowheeee!

Hitometer: 53,581,572 since 1995