Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Rune words at Arreat

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Onisama, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
  2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wow, fury has amazing mods!

Don't plan on making it until you have both "jo" and "gul" because both of those runes are incredibly rare. "Jo" is the 3rd rarest rune in the game, which means it will be about as easy to find on your own as a zod rune.

Now trading for them, that might be possible. Some statistician figured out that one zod probably falls somewhere in each realm once every three days. That may sound frequent, but think about just how many player-hours are played in 3 days on a b.net realm.

In any case, someone will have them, and if you can put up better trade bait then the other few thousand players looking for those runes (before those players make the trade without the seller realizing your unkown offer would have been better), then you'll get your hands on those runes.

But hey, we can always dream right? ;)

3. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    To follow up on that, last night on b.net I met an individual with a lvl 93 sorc who has 2 zods already. He was able to show me both in the trade screen so I assuming that they are legit and not dupes. I was a little surprised when he informed me that they were both found in the same game from the same pack of monsters.

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    You're all dumb! SILENCE is the rune word to use!!!! have you seen what it does?

5. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    yes, we have. The point was that "fury" is a new rune word, and a damn sweet one for a frenzy barb. I suppose you missed that in your rush to call us all "dumb".

Even still, silence is a good suggestion.

I'd hate to see the repair costs on fury if you could ever find the pieces to put it together. yikes! :eek:

6. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yah. You are jumping the gun here. I agree with Oni, people need to start reading the posts before becoming so agressive. Is there a full moon tonight or something? Keeksy is going nuts and now dagore. AAAAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHH! Crazy world ;)

7. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    It is a good runeword, but man that will be a tough one to get. I would try to start with Lionheart and work up from there. Smoke might be a nice one to start with also.

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Zod is just going to become the new SOJ, they'll be duped out of proportions; those Koreans are so resourceful, they pull new dupe methods out of their asses faster then Blizzard can fix 'em. I wanna make a "Memory" for my HC sorc on west. Unfortunately playing is pretty much out of the question until my PC gaming box gets hooked up to the internet, it won't be up until I get DSL, and my ping on this dial up is too erradic.

--Haite

9. monk

monk Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'd pick Melody over any other. too bad I need a 6 socket bow and 6 runes nobodys has.

10. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Areat Summit Lists "Melody" as a 3 socket runeword (with only %50 enhanced damage against non-undead): "shae + Ko + nef".

As for silence - it would be godly on a bow, and certainly nothing to scoff at on any other weapon, but my paladins would be very annoyed by the "hit causes to flee" modifer if I were to use it on a one handed weapon.

Fury, on the other hand, is perfect for a paladin. It has slow target by 25%, -25% target defense, 40% IAS, the highest all-around damage enhancement I've seen in a runeword recepie, and no counterbalancing annoying mods.

Anyway, for my purposes (I never frequent the trading channels, so any good runes I get I find myself) both runewords are a pipe dream.

11. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    hmm so then Fury might be better than honor eh?

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Grand Matron bow with Silence, /me drools. The rarest rune in it is Vex though, so assembling it all could take quite a while. I tend to think blizzard needs to reorder their rarity, some of the mods just seem... out of place in order of usefulness.

--Haite

13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    You say that as if it should be a surprise.

I am trying to decide if White is worth pursuing for my Necro. Methinks a wand with some good inherent bonuses to combine with White would be killer.

Also, I would like to remake Leaf for my Sorcy with an orb, once they fix the orb bug. That way, I can carry a resistance boosting shield at all times, and still have the nice fire bonuses that Leaf gives.

14. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hmm, don't overlook Honor. (Amn-El-Ith-Tir-Sol). Very nice stats and the Runes are not all that uncommon. In fact, I have all of them except Sol, and I did have Sol until I put it into a helm to make Lore. Amn is probably the rarest of that bunch, but the hardest thing to find would be a 5-socket melee weapon.

15. Wulf

Market Rating:
    buddy, pall... i neeeeeeeeeeeed that amn rune... I have everthing but amn and a 5 socketed phase-blade

16. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've found a couple amns.

17. Wulf

Market Rating:
    yeah, but you are on west...

18. Jaha

Jaha Peasant

Market Rating:
    wulf, shoulda asked me for that amn, i had one ON my guy last night till i muled.... ill get it to you next time i get the chance

19. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hehe, talk to me when you've found that 5-socketed phase blade. :D

If you haven't gotten one from Jaha or somebody by the next time you see me online, let me know.

20. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    whoa, Amn runes are way common. dont go out of your way to get one. now, a 5socket PhaseBlade, THAT sounds like it is worth something!

Whats a Nef rune worth? i found one today.

Hitometer: 53,853,998 since 1995