Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Rift

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by SpocKirk, Jun 12, 2011.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Remember how I've never played an MMORPG that I had to pay for? I changed my mind.

Umrathma
    Level 29
    18 Warlord
    19 Paladin
    1 Beastmaster

I'm a tank!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was looking into that game just before it was released. It looks like a good WoW clone but better in that you can actually play the game. It doesn't play you. For example, there is a wide variety of choice in class speccing.

3. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Don't know that I'd be willing to put in the kind of commitment needed to progress from square one again. Once I hang up my WoW characters for good I'm going to probably stick with story driven single player games for a while.

4. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    One of my friends was playing at my house and I watched him for a few hours. He convinced me to start because they offer a 7-day trial through their referral system.

He has played a lot of WoW and he said the designers took a lot from it and improved it. In the region chat, people are always talking about how some feature is much better in Rift than in WoW.

5. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    At this point in my WoW career, I'm either basically raiding or chatting with my long-time guild mates and that's about it. I'm down to playing 3 days a week (our raid nights). And that's about as much commitment as I'm willing to give to an MMO right now.

If I switched games, I'd have to put in all that initial work to build a character, build relationships, learn all the new mechanics of my character class, all that end-game grinding etc. Too much work for me :eyes:

Not an indictment on the game, basically just a no desire to put that much work into something like that right now.

6. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    Yeah, I've put a lot of time into it (around 50 hours), mostly soloing. Some exploration, more closing rifts, but mostly just questing. It might be that I don't know what I'm doing and that's why it's taking me so long to level.

The system is nice because you can have five different builds with the same character that you can switch on the fly. You stay within the basic class (mage, warrior, rogue, cleric), but for each build you choose three out of nine specializations.

Hitometer: 53,851,029 since 1995