Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Reverse Experience :(

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jedsia, Aug 1, 2000.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I tried an online game with a friend of mine last night in NM and kept lagging. I remember having prob with him hosting in other games, even though he has cable, but my poor Sorceress was half-way to 32 and by the time I gave up on the game, she had barely any experience in her bar.
    Yuck. Makes ya be real careful in NM mode. Especially since it takes so long to level up after 30.
    NM is kicking my but. I'm still in the jail in Act One. They don't call in Nightmare for nothing. [​IMG]

------------------
    "A mage's soul is forged in the crucible of the magic"

2. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedsia:
    I tried an online game with a friend of mine last night in NM and kept lagging. I remember having prob with him hosting in other games, even though he has cable, but my poor Sorceress was half-way to 32 and by the time I gave up on the game, she had barely any experience in her bar.
    Yuck. Makes ya be real careful in NM mode. Especially since it takes so long to level up after 30.
    NM is kicking my but. I'm still in the jail in Act One. They don't call in Nightmare for nothing. [​IMG]

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Autolycus, olon and I were playing in the nm flayer dungeon last night (a3q3, I think). I popped in through a tp, sat there for two secs, and died. Seems there was a swarm of po'd sould killers with my name on them...

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    yeah those stupid flayers.....

[​IMG] especially the Witch Doctor Endugu!! [​IMG] That crazy flame throwing bastard!!!

4. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    The darn shame is that after all that work, I was playing a little after you two were gone and managed to get the Lower Kurast waypoint (i.e. no more flayer jungle), and then my ISP disconnected me a couple minutes later. Open a single player game and behold, no waypoint. Pain in the ***.

Course I really should go back to acts I and II if I want to do much leveling anyway. I don't know where to find a listing of mlevels for acts III and IV, but since many monsters in act II are over 5 mlevels above my clevel (32 now, thanks guys), I'm getting sub optimal experience considering the risk I'm taking playing act III. I died once more right after Sparhawk left, getting cocky with those tree hulk things that guard the exit from the flayer jungle. I'm going to get myself a couple more levels before I go much further in act III.

Of course, if you just need me to be a glorified spinning golem doubling as a walking skill shrine, that's another story...

[This message has been edited by olon97 (edited 08-01-2000).]

5. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Im still stuck on the final quest of act 4 on normal. got to Diablo once, but i ate too much pink lighting. Im a lvl 26 sorcceress and lvl up in hell takes forever.

------------------
    mud
    When?

6. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by olon97:

Course I really should go back to acts I and II if I want to do much leveling anyway. I don't know where to find a listing of mlevels for acts III and IV, but since many monsters in act II are over 5 mlevels above my clevel (32 now, thanks guys), I'm getting sub optimal experience considering the risk I'm taking playing act III. I died once more right after Sparhawk left, getting cocky with those tree hulk things that guard the exit from the flayer jungle. I'm going to get myself a couple more levels before I go much further in act III.

Of course, if you just need me to be a glorified spinning golem doubling as a walking skill shrine, that's another story...

[This message has been edited by olon97 (edited 08-01-2000).]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, my comp crashed hard the last time there and I didn't want to re-install it. It's bugged.

------------------
    I say we nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Hitometer: 53,813,420 since 1995