Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

retard argument

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by cowofwar, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    bah! i'm slow and don't get jokes like that. next time put a :p or a ;) so i know it's a joke. i thought you were making a person attack.

:retard:

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    He's not retarded. Although, yes, he would be dead if nature had its way. But he also contributes to society so I have no problem with him.

Better used to save starving children.

boohoo, or maybe it's the fault of the governement who doesn't supply the people with food and embezzles all the foreign aid money.

3. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    What productive thing does he do? Can he farm? Can he sew? Does he police the neighborhood? Define productive.

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    He helped advance science.. now that he has finally gone nuts, we can let him fade away

5. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    hawkins is an amazing human being. You shouldnt hack on him. If you were like that, you probably would just give up and stay catatonic in a closet all your life. BTW......

:topic:

That is a very good deal cow. Do you live in a residential area? or in the country?

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Suburbia

7. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Have you heard some of the **** that Hawkings is spewing out now...? His disease has finally begun effecting his brain, and while in his hayday he was a genius, like they say "The brightest candle burns the fastest"

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Like what? I haven't heard any of it I don't think...

9. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    WooHoo! go me!

I don't follow...

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    As in I'd rather blow all of our "luxuries" on saving people who need it and who would return that money back to society.

11. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    that's logical

12. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    The local movie theater where I live has many retarded people on the staff. They can be productive citizens, it just all depends on their life and situation.

13. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Those governments are capitalistic, you just proved my point. Thank you Cow.

14. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Code:
    An economic system in which the means of production and distribution are privately or 
    corporately owned and development is proportionate to the accumulation and reinvestment 
    of profits gained in a free market.
    Capitalism is not a form of government.

15. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    ah, The point I was trying to make was that you are complaining that "retards" are leeching off you when the only thing they are really leeching from you are extra things that you don't need so you should not complain.

16. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, but we still have a world who´s mainly ruled by money. True Capitalist states are rare, we pay taxes which help us when we´re in need. The government takes care of many things for us. If capitalism is allowed to work without regluations it will end in despotism and tyranny.
    To prevent that and to protect weaker people from people seeking money we have taxes, law enforcemant, a social security net (even if it´s really thin in the US) etc. etc.
    If a government allow unequal distribution of money and goods, where some people live on other people hard work, I consider it capitalistic. That is true to almost any nation in the world.

17. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's the best method to date.

So? Unequal distribution is the practical method. Why should a cashier at a store get as much money as a doctor? Equal distribution of goods and wealth result in riots and people moving away.

Two people finish high school. One decides to go on to university and invest another eight years to become a professional during which time he is not rewarded at all. The other person decides to stop there and become a low level worker who gets paid all the while that the other person is studying. Now why should they be both paid the same amount? No one would become a professional that way.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2002
  18. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Like money? :suspect:

They aren't leeching my extra computers or second car.

19. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    You misunderstand my meaning of equal.
    There must be differences, but they should not be as big as they are today. How does this fit with the "from each and everyone depending on ability, to each and everyone depending on need"-thing? A person with a hard and boring work might "need" some more in order to be motivated to that job. In that case he/she should have more. Not a lot.

In a communist society your example wouldn´t work, becuase ther would not be much differnce between working and studying your living standard would be practically the same.

If the one studying to becaome a proffesional has a harder work, must take more responible then he should have more as well.

But remember, not a lot more. Equal pay for equal work how long you study doesn´t have anything to do with it.

20. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    so your saying that they aren't leeching off of you... thus undermining your argument? or am I missing some thing?

Hitometer: 53,936,696 since 1995