Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Respwan issues

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Stephine, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Stephine

Stephine Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well last night i have my first Mc run and it sucked not u\only because i didn't have u guys :) but because those damn dogs keep respwaning

wat is the spwan rate on those dogs? and if so i think Blizzard should change tat

2. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    If you are talking about the hounds in MC...which I think you are, you have to kill them in a very precise manner. There are 5 hounds I believe. These 5hounds have to die at almost the same time because each hound can rez the other dead hounds. You have a 10sec window....once this 10 sec is up the living hound/s will rez the dead ones.

You basically need 5 groups with 5 healers and mages...and each warrior is assign a hound etc...these 5 warriors keep the hound as close together as possible keeping the aggro while the mages AoE to kill the hounds at the same time.

I am sure there are more details but that is the gist of it. Oakan was telling me this the other night. :D

Jakeman likes this.
  3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh, if your group didn't do what Lyanna is talking about then no wonder you had problems. I have only been to MC once, but the leader made sure we did the AOE thing to kill them all at roughly the same time.

Once the dogs are dead they have a 1 hour respawn time I think.

4. sleet

sleet MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    The Core Hound packs are definitely painful, but if stephine's referring to the Ancient Core Hound patrols (1 giant dog that wanders as opposed to 5 stationary dogs in a circle), those respawn every 15 minutes, I believe. They can be a bit of a pain if you move too slowly but they stop respawning once Magmadar goes down.

5. Stephine

Stephine Peasant

Market Rating:
    i was talkin about the patroling doggys we had a 57 so things went slow it was horrible we kept stayin in the same spot w8in for the patrol to respwan!!!

6. Beowulf

Beowulf MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Worst in MC

Fastest respawn timer at 18 minutes, and largest agro radius of anything in MC.

There's a UIMod out there (I can't seem to find at the moment) that lets you assign a hound number to the Core Hound while its selected, then once it dies it starts a timer and warns you at 8, 5, and 2 minutes remaining. It allows you to track the respawn time remaining on upto 5 Core Hounds at once.

Or just get yourself a couple kitchen timers going on your desk [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hey there Beo!

//edit... forget what was here :p

how's it hangin dude?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  8. Beowulf

Beowulf MSC Friend

Market Rating:
  9. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Teaching 40 people how to do the encounter is pretty tough and will see many respwans...

Like Beo said the patrolling Core Hounds are on the shortest timers save the Imp packs and have the Largest Aggro radius...

Know where the dogs track, where they spawn, and where the safe ground is to fight them without aggroing any adds....

You can get progression to Luci and Kill Luci before the first Core hound has a chance to respawn...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005

Hitometer: 53,936,060 since 1995