Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Respec again???

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Scorpion, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is a poll to help me decide if I should respec my talents once again for my mage. The mage is currently a blizzard mage but I screwed up my talents by putting 4 points in Arcane Explosion even though I don't use it. I find myself instead running out of mana after each run when I farm the lvl 50-52 ghouls/flayers in Sorrow Hill. The 4 points in AE should've been put in Frost Channeling (15% reduce cost in frost spells) and maybe 1 point in either Ice Shards (20% crit dmg bonus) or Piercing Ice (2% extra frost spell dmg). Blizzard is doing 900 dmg over 8 sec right now and cost 1100 mana per cast and it takes about 4-5 casts to kill the ghouls/flayers. A -15% would make it so that I can 2 CoC or I could use Blink instead of running as I do right now. It also allows me to avoid having to use my Mana Citrine every time and that is a 2 min cooldown. It will cost me 30g to respec + 5g to upgrade Ice Barrier X 2 since respec means that I will have to buy back the talent skill spell upgrades. At this time, I'm only using the mage to farm and leveling since I lvl up a lot faster killing all these guys than I would doing a quest. However, this means that the mage isn't quite as effective in group quests and I do plan on respec'ing again once I hit lvl 60 for PvP purposes and raiding. So the question is, should I respec now knowing that I will respec again once I hit lvl 60 or should I just hang with it and respec when I hit 60? I currently have 60g on the mage and another 50-60g on the pally so it's not a problem respec'ing but I don't want to waste 35g knowing that I will have to spend 40g next time.

2. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    this is what i'd do if i had a mage (but keep in mind, pvp server)

frostbite goes off all the time, and combined with the 50% critical chance vs frozen targets it's very potent

Jakeman likes this.
  3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    That is almost identical to his original spec (and mine).

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    That was my original spec but I'm talking about specs for power lvling. I won't be doing that spec though cause I found a better one. AP + Fireball, PoM + Pyroblast, Fireblast = 2000 dmg at lvl 52 all within 3-3.5 sec (2.5 sec cast Fireball, instant cast for Pyroblast and the in-between time for Fireblast). If I time everything just right, you'll have 3 spells hitting you within .5 secs of each other. If everything crits, I'd do 3k and instantly kill off a frost mage or leaving him with only 1/4 life without his Ice Barrier.

5. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    it's going to be the way to go with the PvP honor system implemented too, just run a bunch of AE and priests into an enemy town with green level guards and rack up the points. guards never stop spawning

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It is only worth killing the guards once because of the diminishing returns on honor points.

Hitometer: 53,935,615 since 1995