Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Resolution Woes

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Strader, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Back when I updated from 10.1.2 to 10.1.3 I noticed that my nice new 17" NEC AccuSync 75F monitor, was no longer displaying 1152x870 properly. Basically, it moves the "screen area" inward. I have this black area around the visible desktop area and a nasty vertical white line along the right side of it. Everything near this line gets warped. This is in 75 Hz mode. In 60 Hz, (shudder), it works just fine. The display works fine in all other modes like 1024x768 (85), 1280x1024 (60) and so on... Just this one res/refresh rate problem. Unchecking "show recommended modes" doesn't do anything... Still shows only 60 & 75 Hz modes... (I had more options before in 10.1.2)

This really stinks because 1152 was the perfect res for this monitor, due to the larger icon sizes in OS X... Apple said that they'd look into it and that 10.1.3 was new. hehe I phoned the day that it was released. bwahahaha

Any ideas? Should I remove the monitor preferences files? Where are they and what files? I think I can guess but I'd like to have a second opinion.

Thanks in advance guys/gals.

System:

G4 733
    640MB
    GF2MX

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Your drivers for your video card got updated. nVidia must have made some changes.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    adjust your monitor geometry. there should be controls on your monitor. geometry settings are set for each resolution at each refresh rate.

4. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah forgot to mention... Already tried it but for some dumb reason it thinks that the edge of the desktop is the edge of the monitor... (No move.) Sounds like it was the drivers to me. Many people have complained about Apple removing various res/refresh rates from the list with each release. Guess it depends on the monitor and if you own nVidia... :noid:

5. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wiped the OS X partition clean and went back to 10.1.2

Problem solved. :aparty:

Hopefully 10.1.4 or whatever the next one will be called, won't do this.

Hitometer: 53,935,830 since 1995