Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Requests for Friday May 13, 2005?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, May 11, 2005.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    People need BRD and DM I think. And I know there are a few people needing ZF...

2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I got a couple quests in Maraudon, but I'd rather try Sunken Temple out; otherwise we could do a ZF run for Jake to get the medallion and then finish some quests together in the Hinterlands.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've got some sunken temple quests as well so if you're going to do it send me a tell.

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jake, I looked it up on Thottbot and the Ancient Egg quest we did in the Hinterlands leads to a quest to kill the main boss in the Sunken Temple. Perhaps we could do a ZF run to get the medallion and you could turn in the quest to the dude in the harbor, then we could turn around and go to the Swamp of Sorrows for the main boss in ST. He drops some definitely phat lewt for sure.

sound good?

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I don't think I'm high enough for Sunken Temple yet, am I? I am, however, on target for Uldaman, ZF, and Maraudon. I can try and collect quests for these this week, but I definitely don't have time to do an instance until the weekend. Summer... so... close...

6. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I thought Sunken Temple was a 55-60 instance? Been a while. Ill go anywhere I dont care. I would like to do some more DM and LBRS, BRS, strat, whatever i dont care. We can help the others out first though.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    ST = ~50+ ideally

But it's not hard to do a twink run with high levels.

8. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Ideally, the minimum level should be 52 to do ST but if you have enough 60's it should be okay...only problem might be the dragons. However, with a lot of AoE power of two mages it should be okay. ;)

Also, the Spawn of Hakkar is bugged however, the avatar of Hakkar is okay.

Spawn of Hakkar - random named elite

Avatar of Hakkar - named boss that spawns from the egg event.

So you could still do the egg quest. :)

Jakeman likes this.
  9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    If you guys would rather do endgame stuff it wouldn't bother me, actually. I've been thinking I might want to try a pickup group again. I haven't done one since the Deadmines, and I think it would be good to have experience with non-guildies too. Of course everyone will tell me this is a bad idea, and that may yet prove true, but forgive me for holding hope that people have learned how to play in the time that it's taken them to gain 20 levels...

10. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    im up for some end game stuff, i dont care. whatever people need to do i will help.

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wouldn't say intraguild instance groups are any better in terms of the people with whom you play but public groups tend to be a bit more flakey and often have no reason to respect loot rules.

I've played with many awesome public groups, while I have also played with a couple very crappy public groups. The only thing guild groups guarantee is consistancy.

12. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have to disagree, in guild groups you know you are playing with people that can actually play. You also know each others play styles and conform to that. Outside groups always seem to have that one person (at least) that draws aggro at all the wrong times or in the wrong places. I have been with people that caused wipes 10 times in one instance whereas with our guild we may only wipe once or not at all. You are right, it may not be that we are any better at gaming than them it is just that getting use to your guild can make all the difference in efficiency.

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I guess I am making the decision... I see tons of different requests, so I will just pick one. I am inclined to do instances that are needed by the lower levels so we can be in better shape to do high level instances later.

I see ZF, ST, Uldaman, and Maraudon have all been suggested, so let's plan on doing some of those unless there are objections.

14. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I ran into a female 52 NE Rogue today named Stephine. After grouping with her for a long time she opened up to me about her grief with her current guild. Basically she's one of only two high level characters and she spends all her time helping several (don't know how many) lowbies with Deadmines, BFD, etc.

I offered her a spot in MSC, provided she agreed to the charter, but she was still on the fence about it. She said she didn't know. One of her concerns was leaving the lowbies without anyone to rely on. I mentioned how one of our primary goals is assisting lowbies. She was still unsure.

Later she mentioned that she never got to do any high end content, and that she badly needed a Sunken Temple run. I replied that I think my guild would be doing that this weekend as well as Uldaman, ZF, or Maraudon.

Anyway, to sum it up, she is recruitment-potential, and could possibly bring with her several lowbies (don't know any classes or levels, but like I mentioned - VC and BFD). So, even if you guys aren't doing Sunken Temple, whatever instance you go on, could you please send an invite to Stephine, and work with her if possible. We need rogues badly. She doesn't have the best typing skills, but she was friendly, and helped me for a long time, even when we eventually found out a quest was bugged. We ended up helping a third character complete another quest. Great person, she loved helping people lower than her. Don't be put off by her typing. And please give her a chance if we do an instance this weekend, she's on the fence about applying to join.

Jakeman likes this.
  15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Thanks Haite, I will watch for her.

16. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Did a Sunken Temple run today, got the Egg quest out of the way. Hakkar had some really l33t drops... nothing purple though. I got a new set of blue gloves from the Prophet dude, and my quest reward for killing him got me a really slick headband. I'm going to try and get another quest in there tomorrow afternoon so that I will get more from doing a run on the weekend.

Oh, did I mention it was with non-guildies? :p we had an awesome time, the loot rules were set up fairly, nobody tried to ninja anything, and we all came out with some nice gear. It was me (47 priest), another 50 priest, a 58 druid tanking for us, a 53 mage, and a 55 paladin. We did the whole thing without anyone dying once. (Hakkar's event was craaaaazy. Not nearly as fun as the Divino event in Zul'Farrak though.)

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Both ST and Maraudon have good caster drops.

18. NightElf7

NightElf7 Peasant

Market Rating:
    hmmmm

interesante . . . gaming is soooo complex

19. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    We did ZF, ST, and 2 BRD emp runs. It went well.

I saw Stephine online for a short time but she was gone before I could msg her.

20. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Did a ST run with Stephine today. Was very fun :p

Hitometer: 53,556,845 since 1995