Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Repeatables for reputation

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by MisterHalleck, May 9, 2005.

1. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jaden asked me to post about this so I am. I've found a few repeatable quests you can use to increase your rep with various factions:

the first one is in the Shimmering Flats north of Gadgetzan in Thousand Needles. A goblin there will take loads of Lesser Bloodstone Ore for 6g a pop. The catch? people sell it on the AH for 1g/ load, and if you want to get it on your own, you have to mine it from Drywhisker Gorge in Arathi. Rep boost goes to the Steamwheedle Cartel, not sure which branch. Probably gadgetzan.

The second one, which you might find more practical, is in Gadgetzan. A gnome there in the north side of town gives a repeatable to find hippogryph eggs in Feralas. the eggs themselves are lying on the ground in Feralas in the south/southwest corner of the High Wilderness, and you can only carry one at a time. Once you get one, bring it back to Gadgetzan and stick it in the egg-analyzing machine. Depending on the quality of the egg you find, you get a care package with items in it and a rep boost. here's a map:

http://i41.thottbot.com/Interface/WorldMap/Feralas/Feralasbig.jpg

as I said, south/southwest corner of the High Wilderness. I think the rep boost for this one goes to Darnassus.

I also have a repeatable that boosts my rep with Gadgetzan: bringing Wastewander Water Pouches 5 at a time to a goblin in the east corner of Gadgetzan yields a care package with potions and food, and a rep boost with the goblins. The pouches come from the Wastewander bandits you see in northeastern and eastern Tanaris.

A fourth repeatable is in the Hinterlands; a dwarf there will take Troll Tribal necklaces 5 at a time for a rep boost with the Wildhammer clan. Trolls can be found all over the Hinterlands pretty much anywhere you choose.

Jakeman likes this.
  2. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Don't know much about the one in the Flats but the egg is for Gadgetzan also I think. Don't even bother going to get it unless you're at least lvl 49-50. The stormrager hippogryphs are really deadly (casts lightning storm while attacking). The nests are right behind the round building in the south. If you see ogres then they're behind the ogres, just keep going till you hit the mountains.

Water pouches are good to turn in if you don't need the money. They give a rep boost but also gives about 100 xp each which means you get about 500 xp for each 5 you turn in. Not too bad a way to lvl since you get rep for killing the Wastewander Pirates and also for turning in the pouches.

Troll necklaces for Wildhammer is ok. You can keep them to turn in but you can get rep with Wildhammer clan just by killing the trolls in Hinterlands. Just look at the combat log and it'll tell you that you get a slight gain in rep after each kill. Doesn't seem to work when killing elite trolls though, probably a bug or something. I usually run around there killing trolls to gain rep. Every once in a while I'd turn in the necklaces. Wildvines also drop from the trolls and they go for about 1g each. Not too shabby farming there since you get rep, xp, and money.

There are a few more repeatable quests but it's not really recommended. Darnassus got the Weed quest. IF got thorium shell quest. BRD got Dark Iron Ore quest (Thorium Brotherhood faction). All these will give about 500 xp each time you turn in the stuff they want.

Jakeman likes this.
  3. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i need to do the BRD repeatable quest so that i can buy a black dragonscale pattern. so now i need to go back to get his quest...

4. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    For Darnassus: There is a quest you get from druid in the tree which requires you to collect un'goro soil and using a pouch and seed he gives you, grow a plant. Can't remember what the quest is call now. It is repeatable.

For Stormwind: It is the Lost Supply quest in Swamp of Sorrow.

For Argent Dawn: It is the stone quests from all the undeads.

Jakeman likes this.
  5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I did that one several times and I couldn't see even a slight difference in my rep bar with the elves. :(

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Cosmos can track the change numerically, which I find more satisfying. Oh wow, I can see that my rep just went up by .005 for this quest! w00t! = better than seeing no change in rep bar progress.

7. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Yes you have to do it many many times...I believe the guy that did it to get his rep from revered to exalted did it 1300+ times. o.O

8. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I am at the bottom of "honored" right now. :(

9. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wildhammer and Gadgetzan is probably the easiest to get rep from since they both give rep just for killing stuff. Oh yeah and the Timbermaws also. Argent Dawn isn't too bad since you can turn in stones and with endless Strath/Scholo raids, stones are easy to come by.

Darnassus is the hardest since the chance of getting that specific herb is really low and you need 10 and worst of all, there's a timer on the seeds.

10. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    what do you get from having good rep with Argent Dawn?

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    There's an identical repeatable quest in feralas in feathermoon stronghold. Both require 10 morrowgrain.
    What is a pop? 10 ore? 20 ore? That seems like a really good gold farming activity for miners like me.

12. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    6s for a load of 4 indurium ore. crap, basically.

/edit... oh, I said Lesser Bloodstone Ore. I think I was wrong, I think it's Indurium. I think you get that either in Uldaman or someplace else I forget. Damn! sorry for the confusion.

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  13. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    I am a third revered with SW, almost revered with Darnassus, Gnome and IF.

I am honored and friendly with most of the others and of course hated by a few. :P

14. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    The bonus rep for humans really helps of course :p.

Hitometer: 53,596,461 since 1995