Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Remote Access is dead....

Discussion in 'Mac' started by Moose, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, OS X just pissed me the F#$% off. I am running 9.1 and have had no problems at all. I installed OS X this morning and things were find.... that is until Classic launched for the first time. It said that it needed to install a few items to allow classic to run, but don't worry, it won't effect it when running 9.1.

Ha! Last time I believe that crap. If I startup in 9.1 Remote Access gives me a type 2 error and refuses to launch. So if I start up in 9.1 I have internet access.

Has anyone had this happen? I booted off a CD and moved a copy of 9.1 to the drive that I made at the beginning of the month. So I can go on the internet if I startup to 9.1, but once I try to launch classic layer apps in X I am back to square one. Then I have to replace the 9.1 system again.

What's the solution here?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i'm not sure what would be causing that. of course, you can try reinstalling everything. I would try calling Apple. They have a special support team for OS X now.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Not sure what to tell you, Moose. It seems to work for me. When I tried to open the Remote Access control panel in Classic, it said that it was not supported by Classic, which I thought was strange. But I rebooted into 9.1 and it worked fine. I had a weird bug running in 9.1 with IE 5.0 where the font on every page was whatever I had set as the large system font in the Appearance control panel, but it went away on restart. It was strange, the IE prefs were whatever the default is, but I could go to the Appearance control panel and change it, and the page would change too. I also had an address error during startup into 9.1, but it was okay on reset. I get those address errors from time to time, so I'm not sure if it was OS X's influence, or just the "normal" appearance of that error. Like I said, it didn't happen after resetting so I am not too worried about it.

Anyway, I repartitioned my 10 GB into two partitions, 9.1 is on one, X is on the other. Almost all of my apps are on a separate 40 GB hard drive.

Sorry it's not working Moose, it must be your magnetic field screwing things up again. :D

Hitometer: 53,850,258 since 1995