Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

relentless disbanded / reformed

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    As far as I know the officers just got tired of running the thing. They disbanded and reformed under the name "Driven." I was talking to Valerie about it last night when I noticed her guild tag.

The expansion is bringing lots of player changes... people rerolling, reguilding, moving servers, dkp clearing, etc. I am surprised at the number of guilds I see clearing their dkp systems for the expansion. The theme for many players in the expansion seems to be "fresh start."

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh most definitely. I re-started as a mage, and am loving it to death. Of course this was through the raiding guild collapsing, and all three of the starting guilds reforming from the fall-out.

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Mages are gimp. Should've gone with Haxor Hunter or Druid (although druids are getting a slight nerf next patch since they are pretty much the master of everything right now).

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    It would be so simple for them to fix druids... simply lock their form when in combat. Something is wrong when a person can gank you like a rogue, then become an uber tank if you break free of the stuns, then become a healer if you can possibly do any substantial damage to them in tank form. Make them choose before entering combat.

5. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Eh, I've done Hunter. Its okay, but boring. I like being a raid fire mage :D All the danger of a rogue without the safety net of vanish/feign

6. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    SAY WHAT??

http://www.rebels-guild.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56199#56199

he is one of our avid PvP Mages, another of our Mages has an 8k crit SS in guild section....

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Many classes can spec for huge burst with long cooldowns. Nothing special there.

And bragging about a single crit is saying very little. In the case of 3 minute mages, they are usually nothing more than rogue/druid bait while waiting for cooldowns. Given the PVP context of the crit, this limitation is directly relevant.

8. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Mages are far from Gimp....right now amung the highest single target dps and bring lots of raid utility as well

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I claim this thread for the mages. :king:

I am forced to agree with you about our PvE effectiveness. I consistently dominate the damage meters in every group I am in, sometimes by as much as 100% over 2nd place. That is for single target dps.

To be fair, I have been in a select few heroic groups with players from uber raid guilds that have matched my dps. Specifically, there was a shaman and warlock from Casual recently who matched me almost point for point. So other classes have the same potential as mages, but mages are still way up there for PvE dps.

Note that we are changing the context from PvP to PvE. That pyroblast crit really doesn't apply here since PvE is more about sustained dps and not 3 minute bursts.

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Note what he says about his items/build. AP (3 min CD) + berserking buff (WSG only) + double dmg trinkets. Obviously not viable for raiding. Currently I have 900 dmg in self buff (no potions, oils, etc.). With buffs I get more since I use full Spellfire gear and get 7% extra dmg through Int.

Oh and try to attempt that in a raid and see how long it takes for boss/mob to chase you down. I could do that build and get close to 9k since Arcane tree gives that extra 50% crit dmg but I'm PvE so no thanks.

And yes mages are gimp. No mana means no dps and a lot of times (especially against R & J, Nightbane, Prince in Karahzan) I'm constantly going oom and rely on my wand. And I failed to mention resists. I hate it when fire spells get those partials. Yeah, 3 sec cast to do 500-600 dmg is really uber.

Of course Jake doesn't have to worry about partials since he's a frostie.

Hitometer: 53,593,667 since 1995