Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

recruiting and raid instances

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good discussion guys, thanks. :D

Alteren has me believing we can 10-man ZG. :laugh:

(Hey, I'd give it a shot, what the heck? It's only gold for repairs.)

2. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sorry Cal. I didn't mean to sound like you guys were sayign that's what we were gonna turn into :-). Believe me, I am all for seeing new places too.

I was just stating my opinion we shouldn't lose the atmosphere....I apologize if I was putting words in other's mouths or anything :-).

Bottom line, you guys have been really good to me, and I'll stick with this guild through whatever the changes might be :-)

3. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    No need to apologize man. I was just letting everyone know that I didnt want to try and turn this into a raiding guild, thats all. :)

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    One thing that you will get in MSC that you will not get in a raid guild is the chance to develop your character well. Gear is only part of the game; what your character can do without it is the other. Jaden is currently the only person on the server who makes and sells bottomless bags (Gigio apparently quit and sold his account). Why? Because he has spent countless hours making friends, selling enchants, farming, and the like - which eventually netted him the gold to buy the recipe.

As a raider, I find that my limited schedule really doesn't allow me to both raid and make money at the same time. I have epics, sure, but at the same time none of my secondary skills are above 100 and I have no saleable items or enchants, because I haven't put the countless hours into my character that Jake or others have.

Having a huge e-peen as a result of loot is overrated. To me, raiding is about learning new encounters and winning challenging fights. MSC has a definte place alongside the raid guilds; they are not in competition. Take advantage of your time in it to be social and develop your character. It's all there in the charter.

5. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    My problem: I do enough business outside the game. Bringing it into my "fun time" is not something I wish to do.

....guys, I dont feel like 20 people doing ZG on a sometimes basis is anything close to a raid guild. I will just drop the issue though, this is giving me a headache.

6. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Im new here too but I also think that a 20 man raid group is not far from reach. I really dont know what you do in a raid other than go to horde ter. nor do I know much about the game.
    There was talk about not wanting to lose the small guild feel and I dont think we could ever lose that feel. you guys helped me out so much, answered so many questions, your there right when I say help, any large guild would have either removed me or ingored me.
    My hunter is a still a lower level guy so im not really able to run a raid yet, but would really like to know that when im able to ill have alot of friends with me on my first run.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Getting the manpower to do ZG is only 10% of the battle. Once you have that, you also have to learn the boss encounters through countless wipes. It's harder than it looks. Even the raid guilds look down on ZG - it's hard, it takes a long-ass time to do, and a lot of the rewards are based on faction, which is a bitch to get as well.

See how AQ20 works out. It might turn out to be more doable. (I doubt it, but the new class books look juicy)

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    As always my heart is warmed by your words of encouragement, Halleck.

9. sleet

sleet MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    hey MSC, it's been a while since I've been on this board but it appears that a bunch of my old retired friends from Unbroken Circle are on their way back to the game. I thought I'd just post a reply to this thread since it seems applicable, but if MSC is still interested in doing joint runs on 20-man raid instances, I know many of our members are as well.

We have a few new 60's in the guild as well, and so I'm once again in the business of trying to arrange joint instance runs... and MSC is always the first place I go.

I've posted an event on your event calendar for a raid on Saturday February 4th at 3 pm server time, the link on our board is:

http://uc.rydia.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1526

Once again, I have a lot of optimism that we can get something consistent going on between UC and MSC, but I don't want to mess with your other alliances with Amicus etc... so we'll try to do different content or separate the times.

10. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hi sleet. We are currently working with Amicus on a joint ZG effort, but at last word we were a good 7 players short of filling a 20-man raid (accounting for both guilds). I can recommend you guys to Amicus as a source for more members if you want.

This thread details the times and reqs (#1 and 2 being their reqs, #3 being ours).

Anyways, a Saturday raid next month might interfere with some of the first ZG coop runs, unless the schedule gets pushed back.

11. sleet

sleet MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Thanks for the heads up Jaden, I mentioned it to our guild but their gear requirements are a problem for us.

I understand that the gear requirements are a way of guaranteeing some level of commitment and success, but at this point some of our most enthusiastic members are fairly new to 60 and would not meet the "all blue" level of gear, so assuming your run goes through on the same day, we may have to get together some other time.

12. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Honestly, that was not our requirement. We would never impose something like that considering the fact that we are a "casual" type guild.

13. sleet

sleet MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Yeah Cal, I know it was an Amicus requirement =)

Part of the difficulty we deal with when putting together guild raids and joint guild raids is that you want everyone to be able to participate, since no one wants to sit out... which usually means that getting enough people becomes difficult. I'm sure Amicus's guild requirement is just in case they have too many people and need to make invite choices, but still, I don't want them to think our "noob" members are crashing their party.

14. sleet

sleet MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I've started filling up our ZG raid already since it seems like MSC is already committed to the Amicus run for that morning.

I'll also mention this on the event listing, but hopefully we can get a co-op run together some other date.

15. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    According to this post, some of the earlier on ZG bosses are going to be toned down and a lot of the trash is going to be removed. In addition, reputation bonuses from kills are going up.

The biggest problem with ZG is the amount of time it takes, and the second biggest problem is the reliance on difficult-to-increase faction. Both are being addressed, hopefully in the next patch. The bosses are definitely not the problem.

16. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm guessing our run with AA will be over by the time the UC run starts. If we get done (and I'm not completely burnt out on ZG) I'll go if you need a mage.

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    We still don't know how it's going to turn out. We already know they aren't taking all of us... they have opted for a recruiting effort to replace those of us who have said we can go.

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    It would be nice if you can schedule your first run for another weekend. The scheduling conflict has forced us to go with the first offer since we already commited.

19. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I am about ready to say screw Amicus anyways. If they didnt want our help then I wish they would have just told us. Dont string us along, that crap pisses me off.

20. sleet

sleet MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    It's too late to reschedule this particular raid, and this was the chosen day because I polled our members early on and this was the only weekend that I could get commitments from most of our people. I notified you guys soon after the date was chosen.

Even if your raid with Amicus ends in time, those of you who were on that run will be locked into a different raidID, so joining us at 3 pm that same day will not work out. However, if the Amicus raid is full and some MSC members end up sitting out, I will definitely try to get you guys into our ZG raid depending on how things work out with our actual attendance.

I had originally kept spaces open for MSC, but as I was checking this board it looked like you were committed to the Amicus raid that was actually going to happen, and so I allowed one of our old members to start bringing in friends from his new guild, which is when I posted last night.

Hitometer: 53,811,938 since 1995