Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Recent terrorist acts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wulf, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Not to those who lost family members.

--Haite

2. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    It's kind of a lame name, though. Sounds like Zero Wing:
    For Great Justice!!!

3. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    10 Print "Someone Set Us Up the Bomb!"
    20 Gosub Bomb_Terrorists
    30 Goto 10

4. angus_prune

angus_prune Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I've read that one of the men named by the fbi as being a hijacker is alive and well in Saudi-arabia. Make of that what you will.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    that's not really my point. my point is that the phrase "God Bless America" would imply that this country is backed by God which is an arrogant and extremely dangerous assumption i think. it doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, the belief that your country of choice is backed by a 'faith-based' higher power is very scary indeed. this goes right along with the phrase "Operation Infinite Justice". the terrorists believe they are backed by their God to do these terrorist actions. if they die by flying a plane into the WTC then they go to heaven. in turn, we are doing "God's work" by going and killing those terrorists. everything about this situation is wrong and has happened for the wrong reasons.

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    All the Muslim leaders are speaking out against Bin Laden, saying that he's misinterpereting their religion :). By the way, I don't think you'd ever see a "religious backed battle slogan" as long as we keep with seperation of church and state.

--Haite

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    there is no true separation of church and state (unfortunately), and there is no such thing as misinterpreting religious beliefs. religion IS 100% interpretation. take jesus for example. the jews don't believe he was the son of god (or something, i'm not very well versed on this stuff) where as the christians do believe he was the son of god. so they form their own religions. these terrorists have their own religion. it is impossible to judge any religion. religion is based on faith and cannot be argued by any means. that's what makes it so dangerous when it is used to justify actions like this. this problem isn't isolated to the terrorists either. heck, the day after the WTC incident there was that congress thing where they were all singing "God Bless America".

think of this a different way... what other influence on this earth could coerce a person to fly a plane into a building knowing that you would die. the only thing that can do this is religion because most all religions preach of a life after death. whether life after death is good or bad based on your life actions is up to interpretation.

i hate religion because of this. that's not to say i hate religious people, i simply hate the potential negative influences of religion that happen in this world far too often.

meh

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    That's where you're wrong though. If every person believed what they wanted, then we'd have 6 billion different religions. Osama claims to be a Muslim, although his beliefs are contrary to those of Islam, making him a heretic. I can give you an example of this through the Catholic church, the main teaching authority on doctrine is called the Magistereum, consisting of all ordained individuals greater then Deacons (basically priests and up), that has the God-given (according to Catholic faith) ability to teach infalibly when all in unison on the subject of faith and morals. No one can call themself a Roman Catholic and not agree with their teachings, this is heresy. The Church preaches that private interperetation of the Bible is wrong, only the Magistereum's interperetation is valid, sounds rather strict, but this is true Roman Catholic faith, though not many know it. As far as I can tell though, Islam is even stricter when it comes to the beliefs of the religion itself. This is the very nature of all religions, you conform with their beliefs, you don't form your own. I can go on forever, I study a lot of theology, I will smack you down with my crucifix :p.

To address your post briefly, no true seperation of church and state? Well, that's debateable, what church would you say they're really connected with? If anything it's just general Christian values. No such thing as misinterpereting religious beliefs? Of course there is, such people are called heretics.

--Haite

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    no true separation of church and state = "God Bless America" on the one dollar bill. God has nothing to do with the state, only the church. that's a small example.

...and didn't i just tell you that you can't argue religion by any means? :rolleyes: ... and a heretic is only a person who's religion is not mainstream.

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    But these terrorists are all claiming to be Muslims, when they're not acting on Muslim beliefs, if they said they weren't members of the Muslim church but followed many of their beliefs that's fine. There's a difference.

--Haite

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    *me stuffs a cream pie in haite's face* :D

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I own jOO biatch :p

--Haite

13. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:

hahahahaha!!!! "God bless America" is not on the one dollar bill. :p

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i mean, "In God we trust". my brain farted. same thing though.

15. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    It could be interpreted as the Jewish or Muslim gods, or even a hindu god. It wasn't meant to be christian only. Besides, in the days of the Colonies, power and God were unavoidably tangled. Just think of it as an old colloquialism.

16. konoko

konoko Banned

Market Rating:
    REALY

17. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    wow this thread is the biggest meaningful thread on the board...

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    meaningful???!!! oh no!

19. konoko

konoko Banned

Market Rating:
    ........ damn man i lost u on page 2!!!

20. Grizzly

Grizzly Peasant

Market Rating:
    Only in the US. Everywhere else, they are commending Bin Laden for delivering Allah's will to the American infidels who continue to take away their homeland and persecute Muslims in the world.

Sad, isn't it?

Hitometer: 53,939,561 since 1995