Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Reason for not breaking up the clan...

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jun 19, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Given the global nature of any internet clan, breaking up that clan causes problems. Let's say we have a sub clan of 20 people. Well, if 7 of those people are from Europe, 10 from the US, and 3 from Australia, then chances are good that not more than half of those people will be playing D2 at the same time (because of different time zones). This would effectively make a sub clan where you hardly ever got to see half the members of your sub clan which defeats the point. Of course we could try to coordinate the different time zones to correspond with the sub clans, but that takes a lot of doing. And by doing that it would basically make us not sub clans, but totally separate clans because the sub clans would hardly ever get to see eachother except on this board. By remaining one clan we make it so there will always be at least 4-5 clan members hosting games (given our large numbers) that other members can just join if they are online. I think sub clans would be way to much work and not worth the return. By staying in one big clan the time zone issue will automatically resolve itself while saving all of us (mostly me) the trouble of administrating sub clans. This is my reasoning.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

2. Jade~Mist

Jade~Mist Peasant

Market Rating:
    I agree.
    the simpler the better. Things get too complicated and they become harder to control. We'll find out who's active and who's not when D2 comes out. And really, what does it matter.
    I'm here for the simple reason that I want people I can trust to play with. A community to fall back on if I need, and give in return. A place to come where I see familiar and friendly places. It's a big b.net, it's nice to have a place to call home. Some people who joined we only may see once in a while, others will be here on a regular basis. I think that should be fine. My life isn't mac gaming, although I'd like it to be. But mac gaming is my escape, it's my time. I want it to be good. And so here I am, and I'm ready to have some fun.

------------------
    Jade~Mist, Sister Sorceress

3. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    [​IMG] Sounds good to me! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Strength is in numbers my friends. [​IMG] By the way, Jakeman, please check your email. [​IMG] My brother has a question for you. Thanks. [​IMG]

------------------
    Constipated from anticipation

4. Rustam

Rustam Peasant

Market Rating:
    You both have touched on a good point: it's too early to start talking about clans, tribes, guilds, etc.

We should wait until D2 comes out and determine who is going to be active with the clan and this board. Then we can start enhancing the role-playing experience by fleshing out the clans.

Who knows . . . I may be spending all my time playing Baldur's Gate!!! [​IMG]

5. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    your right, but i still think we should have leaders from each charcter class

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Keeskey, I just e-mailed your brother.

Regarding character leaders. I'm not sure I want to do that now. I think if I implement a detailed Q & A section than my number of e-mails will go way down.

------------------
    lamo mac boy

7. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    i think we should have clan leaders for making immportant clan decisions, not your e-mail, and that Q&A thing sounds like a good idea
    Hannibal, terror of all that is weak and keeper of elephants

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I've almost got my Q and A section done. It's pretty long.

9. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks Jakeman. My brother will be posting in the future, and the Q and A section is a nice addition to the web site. [​IMG]

------------------
    Constipated from anticipation

Hitometer: 53,850,948 since 1995