Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Re: organized instance runs - problem

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    As we all get higher in level, we are starting to look towards higher level instances for our organized events. I think we have a problem...

Moonreaver has always been our Johnny-on-the-spot for healing when we do instance runs on Fridays (for our organized time) and on other random days. Burlingame helps too. But they are both Druids, and probably won't be able to hold up as the main healers in higher level instances.

Last Friday we spent over 2 hours trying to get a group going for ANY high level instance, but we fell short on healers so we couldn't make it work. Moonreaver wasn't online that night which didn't help, but even if he had been online, we would have still needed a priest for the instances we were wanting to do (Dire Maul, Sunken Temple, BRD).

I think our organized instance runs are going to have more and more problems as we start wanting to do higher level instances. We need:

1. More high level people in the guild so we can form our own groups without having to spam for more people. This will save on time spent organizing in-game.
    2. At LEAST 1 or 2 high level Priests who are active and can be there for our organized runs.

To satisfy these two needs, I propose that we:

1. Use our next few Friday meeting times to help lower level people in the guild finish their quests and level up.
    2. Actively look for high level priests to join the guild and/or create and level up our own priests.

We also have a similar problem with lack of tanks, but tanks aren't that hard to find, unlike healers. But still, let's try to recruit / level up some tanks too.

2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm buying WoW after Break. I'm planning on making a human raid-healer. He'll need a lot of powerlevelling since he wont be able to solo at all.

//edit... if it's not already taken I think I'll call him Aeschylus... son of Apollo and Greek God of Medicine :p

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Isn't that known as a priest?

4. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    Well My biggest problem on friday is that I work at 8pm PST.

if it can be anytime before that shoudl be fine on friday, and btw, trying to log on any day around 6-9pm EST is a pain in the puut at the authenticating screen.

I do have a tank, but without a priest warriors don't work at all. so....someone else please be warrior, I have an epic 1 hand mace waiting to be used. Hopefully, we can get more priests to join, they are quite scarce if you want them to be good at it.

I wouldn't say I'm a good healer, I'm usually on the front with mind control and shadow dmg, cause when you start healing, you get all the aggro at you, especially when you group heal. Anyway. Let me know if any other time then friday night can be considered.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Haite is making a defensive warrior. Should work well with your NE priest. :hump: ;)

We are trying to find another good time. If you post your available times in this thread:

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10300

...then we can try to work something out.

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, I assumed you'd assume I was making a priest.

I just wanted to say that I was going all-out heal, as opposed to, say, Shadow.

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'm definitely going 1h/shield, so you could send the mace my way Charly. My warrior is low level however so it might be a while before I can use it. We have a few Paladins that might want it if they plan on using a shield.

8. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    You may as well get something with damage now to help you out. You can always respec later on when you are higher and can help us out more. The first time you respec it is really cheap except for all the spells and abilities you have to buy again.

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Yea, it's very common to spec one way then respec at 60. By the time you get that high, even the cost to buy the few abilities that you lost back isn't too significant.

10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I haven't yet had any luck recruiting high level warriors / priests. Succubi made the observation that most high level priests join big raid guilds, not smaller guilds like ours. I think this is probably a correct observation. Oh well, I will keep looking.

I haven't been enjoying my priest very much. He can't solo, and he can't find groups or respect anywhere. Of course he is still low level, and things might change later, but the priest play style doesn't seem to be my thing. Plus there is a ton of stuff still to do on my mage.

Halleck's priest, Aeschylus, is lvl 30 now and pretty active. So that looks promising right there.

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I was thinking about making a Priest too, but it's kind of self-defeating to make BOTH a tank and a healer.

12. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Beat ya to the punch. Aeschylus is 31 and can heal for 900 :p I kept Jake alive through most of Scarlet Monastery today heh

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Lack of available healers has been a problem lately. Moonreaver hasn't been on very much. Aeschylus is going to be somewhat inactive for a while because of RL stuff. Burlingame isn't on very much.

Hitometer: 53,592,964 since 1995