Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Quick question

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Calendryll, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    How do the pvp mounts work? Do you gain those through rep or through rank?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Rank. Commanders can buy black versions of all of the Alliance's epic mounts. They cost like ~90g. You still have to have the appropriate riding skill (e.g. a human would have to get exalted with Darnassus to learn cat riding before he could use a black cat pvp mount).

There is one pvp faction mount that I know of, and that is the Stormpike Battle Charger (exalted with Stormpike, the AV faction). It costs 650g and is unique in that it doesn't require ram riding skill.

3. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Hmm...thats interesting. Thanks for the info Jakeman. I wonder what would happen first: Commander or Exalted. We have flying mounts to look forward to after this, at least they are obtained through quests.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I am guessing that Commander requires more time than exalted Stormpike.

Grapevine says flying mounts are only usable in Outland. This is unconfirmed as far as I know.

5. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Yes I read that to. However, where do you think most of our time will be spent come expansion time? It will be cool nonetheless.

6. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Probably so. Rank is determined relative to the rest of the server, and can decay if you don't stick with it. Reputation is a static thing, once you have it it's there, and it's a fixed amount regardless of what everyone else is doing.

Either are dependent upon actual PvP activity happening. Has anyone else noticed a sharp drop off the past week or so for level 60 BGs, specifically AB? Did FA finally get tired of it?

Seems pretty solid. Blizzard's own Burning Crusade page lists "New flying mounts in Outland" as a feature.

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Flying mounts will only be usable in Outlands. Reasoning is that having a flying mount on the current set-up would ruin the game completely.

Imagine this on a PvP server: a lvl 65-70 horde/alliance flys into a major city , i.e.Oggr, Darn, SW, IF,TB ( UC is underground so no flying in there) or contested area on a flying mount and then kill players that are lvl 50 and below then takes off again. What is there to prevent them from escaping? The guards can't fly/shoot. So what is there to prevent hit-and-run attacks like this besides someone else with a flying mount? And even then you have to get off your mount to attack so how would you attack when you're in the air since dismounting would mean a fall to inevitable death.

8. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    I could just imagine they would implement all the gaurds with guns/bows....if you fly too close to cities

You are afflicted by daze effect
    You suffer 8971283680432043802473209423570423450234 falling damage
    You die....twice

9. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yea hunters can just use imp conc shot and make you dismount mid-air and get full honor by hitting you only once.

Hitometer: 53,592,953 since 1995