Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

PvP Server Transfer

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Apr 8, 2006.

?

do you want to xfer to Black Dragonflight (PvP)?

1. Yes

18.2%
  2. No

72.7%
  3. Yes - regardless of guild

9.1%
  4. No - regardless of guild

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hm... any chance you'll bite, Jake?

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I added a public poll to this thread for easy tallying. I would ask all active members to vote and post your reasons.

We would only transfer the entire guild if the votes were overwhelmingly in favor. Otherwise it is probably expected that we stay on Hyjal. Yes?

Reasons to move
    Server queues and lag. These problems will no doubt be helped as people xfer to Black Dragonflight... will the problems go away completely? No one knows. No doubt the new server would have no problems. I would prefer to stay on Hyjal and let others xfer, thereby helping the server problems without me leaving my home. Hyjal is also due to be moved to new hardware in the future, as are all old servers from what I am told.

Faction imbalance. I have no idea if this will be fixed on the source or destination server as a result of the xfers.

Reasons not to move
    PvP. I have never been sold on the idea of the PvP server. Some people like the constant rush of knowing you are in open combat. I personally only see the ganking aspect... while PvP is a gank fest regardless of choice, PvE offers you the same experience with a toggle switch.

Leaving my home. I am very much socially integrated with the population of Hyjal... tons of people know me and I know them. Moving to a new server would kill my social integration which is a big reason why I play the game.

My overal vote
    I don't want to xfer.

4. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm not a fan of pvp.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    We're discussing the same thing in Timeless. I'm leaning towards not leaving. There are a handful that sound pretty interested in transferring, but I don't think the guild at large will change much.

6. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm trying to decide....

7. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I voted no because i dont like the idea of being pvp all the time. If the guild goes. it will be a hard choice for me.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Nah. If it was to another PvE server I would consider it for the stability issues, but I'm not willing to risk regretting changing server types.

Trust me, the constant PvP would get old. Sometimes you just want to grind/farm/quest, but the gankers will always be around.

9. Twerg

Twerg MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I would side toward no, but I am concerned about server issues. I have toons on about 6 other servers and only encounter server problems on Hyjal. Sometimes I think the adminstrator for this server should be fired. There used be a group of servers with problems all the time, but I must also say things have become better since the beginning. I think J's greener pastures arguement applies itself here, things always appear better elsewhere, but probably aren't. I guess my vote is to stay.

10. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    The idea of a PvP server doesn't really appeal to me. If a PvE server transfer was available, then maybe.

11. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I would rather not transfer to a PVP server. It's kind of nice not having to watch your back all the time.

12. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    The votes are all "no," so we won't be xferring the guild.

13. Gerona

Gerona Peasant

Market Rating:
    Goodbye

I have left for the PVP server. I know I only joined this guild for a short time but I have still kept contact with a few members. But I am saying farewell now. I am officially gone. The transfer is already done. None of my friends are leaving so I'm facing the new server without any allies. I hope its exciting. If not, I left a healthy chunk of gold on a level 1. ;)

14. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good Luck Gerona.

15. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I moved, partially because my brother had an alt on Shadowsong and it would be cool to be on the same realm together. I also renamed Aeschylus to Aeschen, because nobody seems to be able to pronounce my old name :p

16. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    That reminds me, Frendab tried to recruit me to jump to the PvP server with the group that went, between our fending off Horde sorties to the stables.

How many did you end up losing?

17. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Frendab didn't go :D

We lost about 4 or 5 regular raiders, they helped to found the guild Conquer on Black Dragonflight - Sigh, Garthon, Lhys, Smarms, Zaqurs.

18. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Zaqurs!!

He's really a fun guy on Vent.

19. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Heh, a good thing I didn't go then. I'd have gotten over there and not known anybody.

Hmm...maybe Frendab was trying to get rid of me. :scratchh:

I'm not that bad at PvP.

20. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    He is. There was some shit about him on the Hyjal forums, apparently he is Kiwiberry/Dassa, but I thought he was cool. I don't care what they say over there anyway.

We picked up a couple of Evolve - Zaqurs, Zhivago, AssCan... er Ascanius.

Compared to Frendab, anyone is bad at PVP :p I watched him duel Azoth outside of the AQ gates while we and FA waited to zone in - Frendab killed Azoth before he could get a heal off. A well-played Paladin really is one of the hardest classes in the game.

Hitometer: 53,850,207 since 1995