Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

PvP Pally

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jedsia, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Getting kinda bored of mfing and cow runs, and thought I might set up my pally for PvP, just for some fun (no rude pking, just friendly duels)

anyway, here's his setup now, if ya could give me feedback :D

clv 85
    Maxed Vengence, Fant, Holy Shield. Conviction is level 17 w/ items

Um'd Gladiators Bane or Guardian Angel (which think is better? or does it depend on the situation)
    7/7/17 Gaze w/ ias jewel
    highlords ammy
    Herald of Zak w/ perf diamond (im assuming a Storm would be good too, if i get one)
    Lightsaber and Baranar's (im thinking if i get a storm, i'd use light/storm and baranar/zak)
    Raven frost
    rare ring with life steal and all resists
    6%/14% string of ears
    hellmouths (love the meteor in cows, + fire absorb), also have lava gouts, both seem to work well.
    2 each of offensive aura charms and combat skill charms.

with the sabre/frost/hellmouths i absorb light/fire and cold, and with glad bane plus vamp and string, i get a good dam reduction. prob not as good as shaft, but AC is better. With holy shield my AC is 4000'sh

Anyway, let me know :)

2. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sounds good...what game is that?

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    ahhh, duh. :bonk:

almost forgot, his real weak point is life, only about 900. am working on getting some small vita charms and prob put my stat points from now on into vita.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    that pally is gonna get raped in dueling. pallys are melee, and with only 900 life he gonna get owned. my barb is level 88, maximum damage reduction (75%), almost max resists, fire immune, 20% cold absorb, 20 lightning absorb, over 3000 life, over 3000 damage, max block (stormshield), max fast run/walk, teleporting. i still get raped by barbs using Ith items, zons using eaglehorn or windforce or Ith items, and sorcs with high level t-storm or orb and hacked oculous soj rings. it's the hacked items that usually make the difference, otherwise i can kill pretty much anyone and never die.

conclusion: it doesn't matter what character, items, or strategy you use. you will get owned by hacked items. there are a few duelers that use legit items, not many though.

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    ya, i figured that, and I planned him PvM, not PvP, so converting is harder.

I may make a PvP assassin for the fun of it. I'm only thinking of friendly duels with people I know, just for something different. It's still more fun co-oping, and I've been helping friends rush also, for a change of pace.
    Until I upgrade this mac, I'm pretty much stuck with d2 for awhile, and I have to admit I still like playing. ;)

6. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is your pally in a duel!!!!

:bendover::whip:

7. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    i feel so much better guys, thanks :boxing:

guess if i wanna do any pvp, gotta rebuild a char ;) but, I do think I got him set up good, at least for PvM :D
    i know no matter what I do I wont stand a chance against the cheaters, just wanted to breathe some new life into the game for me, and I've never dueled, or even really thought about it. Maybe it's not for me.

8. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was in a cow game yesterday, and after it was cleared someone suggested some dueling. My wolf was absolutely crushed by a 'zon with clegaw's pincers and piercing/guided arrows. I was slowed so much I couldn't catch her. It took forever for her to do enough damage to kill me, but I wasn't able to hit her. Later I managed to get the player to take off the pincers, and I killed him three times in a row, each time with one hit. :rolleyes:

Hitometer: 53,552,321 since 1995