Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

PVP or Raid more?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Fujin, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I was just wondering what people like to do more of.....PVP or Raiding....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  2. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Major differences in each. I enjoy raiding more I think but the pvp rewards are a little more within the reach of the casual player. I am about sick of pvp now though.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I enjoy both.

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    As with anything in WoW, the rewards usually come with time, no matter what you do. PvP rewards probably take a bit longer since they are all soloable, whereas raiding (at least in the big dungeons) takes a bit less time, but is a bit more random.

Either way, if you're trying to get geared, be prepared to devote yourself to doing one thing for a long time. Or pay lots of $$ to buy gold from the farmers.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Funny how the topic turned into a discussion about loot instead of enjoyment. ;)

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Raiding for me. Just love fighting new bosses although I still enjoy duels every once in a while.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ugh... "fighting new bosses" = "paying huge repair bills" = "wasting hours upon hours doing nothing but wasting potions and wiping"

I'm about through with all of it.

Although, I gotta say I actually enjoy just grinding/farming the most. When I'm not obligated to raid, I'll just log on Hygelac and farm the heck out of Felwood's herbs. Put on some nice music in the background, run around, basically picking gold up off the ground. Plus, if I'm bored and want to kill something, I can charge a group of lv. 50 bears and SS/WW them all in five seconds.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    But that's the beauty of it. My guild isn't the traditional "do whatever it takes" to down a boss. We like experimenting/developing our own strategies for bosses. I mean, we could easily "GY zerg" the first boss in AQ but instead we're ordered to wipe and restart the encounter. Besides, I wear cloth. It only costs me 10g max if all my gear is red and I make 3-5g for each boss in BWL/MC/ZG and Onyxia. Actually, I haven't farm for over 4 months and I'm near 800g and not knowing what to do with the gold.

9. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    having those bosses on farm status is a privelige afforded to few. Evolve usually does MC whenever they feel like it (ie if they have 30 people on, they'll clear a few bosses for fun), so I usually end up missing it all. BWL bosses are just one repair bill after another.

You could send me some of that gold though :)

Hitometer: 53,847,962 since 1995