Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

PTRs up

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, May 20, 2006.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Public Test Realms are live.

Patch Notes

Some interesting notes in there.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Ah, they changed the PvP items. I knew they would screw me.

3. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Oh my god... am I read this right? They are actually making Tank Warriors slightly better! Unbelievable!

- 45% chance to Stun on Revenge instead of 40% (Sweet... I guess)
    - 20 Rage for Shield Slam instead of 30 (FINALLY!!!)

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    A lot of the general changes like Keyrings, instant relogging, bunch of flight paths, gnomish MC caps only usable OOC, ZG/AQ20 set buffs, new cooldown system, etc all sound really cool.

I don't see how you get screwed either J, I'm sure either your PVP items will be buffed automatically or you can trade them in for the new versions. Worst case scenario is you DE them and have to buy them again, which is a bit of cash but probably worth it for an upgrade.

5. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    the rank 12 and 13 items you already have will be upgraded immediately when you log in, the lower level sets have to be re-earned and re-bought.

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Buffed? I only read they were being changed.

Yes, screwed... if they improve the rank 13 items, then I will have to pvp for 2 months to regain my rank to get them. I purposely stopped at rank 12 because I did not like the old rank 13 items.

You cannot buy items of a rank once you lose that rank.

7. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i guess i got screwed the same way then, i stopped at 12 because the rank 13 plate wasn't really that big of an improvement over what i was using.

here's the updated stats for all the epic pvp sets - http://www.partingvisions.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=109

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Yeah those are waaaay better. Thanks for the bonus on my rank 12 pieces, but I am screwed on the others.

In my usual fashion, I will submit a GM ticket requesting restoration of my old rank due to their new changes. First they won't read my ticket and will reply with soemthing that doesn't make sense. Then I will clarify my request and reasons. They will deny my petition while continuing to show me bad customer service. Then I will escalate the issue through their "GM feedback email" becaue they will deny my escalation request through normal channels. After the senior takes the time to not read my feedback, he will throw me into the "we can deny any request" bin (again) and respond in kind.

edit - here is my petition:

I know there is no way they will honor my request, so I am trying to be as smart and cutting as I can be. If I can make a GM squirm, then I am happy. Unfortunately I have to be concise in tickets.

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Um, yeah, that flawless logic will get 'em. :rolleyes:

GG.

Lots of people in that boat I'm sure, people have been complaining for a long time about the R13 and R14 rewards not being commensurate with the effort required to get them.

It should be noted that Blizz intends to change the rank system to be less time based. I have no idea how they will accomplish this, since the entire game is time based more than anything else, but we'll see.

In any case, it never made much sense to me that I can USE items based on highest lifetime rank but not BUY items on the same basis. I have to get back to Rank 8 now I guess. (I should start PvPing again while I'm still Rank 7.)

Last edited: May 21, 2006
  10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I thought I was being more difficult than logical. Their reply:

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    And for those who are interested, the updated blue PvP mage set.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/5312/magepvpblue0pj.jpg

I vendored the robe, too, because it didn't provide enough damage. They tacked +21 damage on it which makes it more appealing. It's almost the same as RoVP with 1% less crit.

If they update the blues automatically I may petition to have it restored, but since they all have different names I'm guessing I'd have to re-earn my way to R8 to get the robe back.

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Please provide us with the exact date of the loss or we cannot help you. In addition, the loss must have occurred within the last few weeks.

13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Heh, yeah. It actually was within the last few weeks, but I don't remember the exact date.

Probably moot anyway. They really should just let items be purchased based on highest lifetime rank. I'm sure a few of the people who actually made GM/HW and have since ranked down are a little pissy right now, especially the casters.

Hitometer: 53,554,737 since 1995