Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Programming Beginnings

Discussion in 'Programming' started by SpocKirk, Feb 1, 2001.

1. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I started programming in Basic on my Apple IIe. What about everyone else?

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Started Applescript on my old PPC 5200CD. Then learned C++ and Realbasic on crappy computers at school.

Learned HTML and JAVA on my G3.

3. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Apple II+ - Applesoft and integer basic.

Now it's PERL on my RS6k.

4. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Apple II+ w/ basic and those pong paddles and by typing in code I converted from 'the big book of basic games'. Castle WOOOLfenstein! (that was later).

5. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    I know some BASIC and learned how to write DOS programs in C++. I taught myself HTML and am now learning Object Oriented C so I can write Coca apps. :D

6. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't know alot about programing, i know a bit of C++ from reading books, and i did some little programs with that apple script thing(Stuff to help me re-align window......exchage between TC on starcraft and stuff heh) oh and I can do games on graphic caculator but i don't really know what kinda languge it is i just learn from observing and friends. In short, i am gonna need alottaa help from u ppl to get to know more about programing

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I started my web site about 7 years ago on my dad's PowerMac 6100/66. Then I moved on to my mom's Performa 5215CD. Then on to my iMac (the first computer that I actually owned), then on to my G4 400 that I use now. With my website came familiarity with html code. To this day I still hate hand coding. I like using graphical editors with subtle hand coding to tweak things a bit.

I first programmed in Basic and C++ on these crappy PCs with Turbo buttons at my local Junior College.

Currently I'm learning PHP and MySQL. I like PHP a lot. If you know C++ and html then PHP is extremely easy.

8. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Mac II

using BASIC ... I have now moved up to Codewarrior for beginners, and am plugging away at learning to program JAVA....

9. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hand Coding

I like hand coding in HTML, it gives me more control. What I usually do is WYSIWYG in Pagemill for tables and frames, and then use a hand coder to clean it up and do pictures and titles. WYSIWYG is too messy for people who want to see how you did something.

10. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Re: Mac II

BTW, I got a message from Apple's Dev Depot this am, they're offering V2 of Codewarrior for beginners for $39.95 if you preorder. I don't have the link any more, unfortunately...

Hitometer: 53,849,921 since 1995