Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Professions Questions

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by BaleFire, Jan 27, 2007.

1. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    So I'm mining/engineering at the moment, and while I've been able to make some decent money selling sniper scopes, I'm not terribly thrilled with engineering. The only thing I use regularly is the gnomish deathray.

With the expansion, engineering seems to have gotten the shaft. It's looking like the only cool thing I have to look forward to with engineering is the gnomish poultryizer. Which, while it looks really cool, it's just one gadget. A whole profession for one gadget seems a little silly.

So, in light of that I was thinking of dropping it and going a different route. I've got about 600 gold, so powerleveling another profession to 300 shouldn't be too much trouble; I just am not sure which one to choose. Blacksmithing, enchanting, and jewelcrafting all look appealing, and I was wondering what your guys experiences were with those professions. How are they for making money? How are they for making things to use yourself?

Any comments are much appreciated.

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Jewel Crafting is GREAT while you are leveling the character. There are so many items you can make that really help. Also there will always be a market for Cut Gems, so you know that you can always make some money off of that once you secure some rare Designs.

3. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I have done LW and BS...but it seems if you're going for cash you might want enchanting or alchemy.

My BS was a wash because I abandoned that char before BC. But even when I played it seemed there were always items that were much better than what I could make so I didn't make any money. I specialized in armor because the mats for weapons were extreme in my opinion.

LW is the skill on my druid. I'm around 350 now. It seems the same with LW as the BS. I can make some cool socketed blue items. Of course they require insane mats: 5 primal water and 5 primal mana for one item. And, those items are mail...I can't wear them. I did make some serious cash before BC selling leather but that was a fluke. I found someone who had ditched BS to pick up LW so he can make greens to up his enchanting. I sold him stacks of thick leather at AH prices. Fortunately I was also trying to earn frostsaber rep and had access to 10 stacks a day.

Hitometer: 53,558,888 since 1995