Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaeric, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    psst... Kalg:

you forgot how Bush played with Medicare and bungled it...deception, misconception, threats, and bribes ... and all that to his own party to convince them to vote for a Medicare overhaul that was "independently" estimated at $400 Billion...

News reports state that internal White house estimates were closer to $550 billion and people were threatened if this news was leaked...

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/8164060.htm
    http://www.boston.com/news/politics...04/09/15/kerry_says_bush_hides_medicare_fees/
    http://www.freep.com/news/nw/medi22_20040322.htm

WOOT... let's all re-elect this guy...:freak: :crazy:

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Whenever I start thinking something like that, I just look at this Dem. Party bumper sticker ;)

Attached Files:

3. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is my idea about fixing Welfare. I mean, it is a good idea in theory and I can completely understand helping someone who has fallen onto hard times. Ok: For an initial period of time the person gets 100% of their welfare check. After that time period the welfare check reduces by 10% ever x weeks. Persons can be given "rewards" for proving they have been activly searching for work in that they don't get their check reduced. Furthermore, I think that persons should have to pass a drug test. Illicit drugs are expensive and a waste of money. If that is an issue I believe we have state sponcered rehab. I think this plan would both save money as well as reduce dependancy because if you are just trying to live on it it will dry up. It's like a bucket and an old fashion water pump. You may start with a full bucket but as you drink it will go down and the only way to keep that bucket full is to work.

4. Wulf

Market Rating:
    But that costs money... Lots of money. I like my taxes low, and I know I'm not alone on that. That and I need to buy a new laptop or something, as this oneis well... roughed up

5. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    well it would a lot less than the current Welfare. Do you think that we should just abolish all that entire pesky Welfare program and say screw you to everyone who needs it to put food on the table? Thank God for being born rich, eh Wulf?

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Low taxes means our children will have to pay off the debt.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    The way the Republican government is going, our children WILL be paying off the debt for quite some time... and their children, too...

8. Wulf

Market Rating:
    I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, and my family has worked for every penny that we have. It makes me angry when people think that just because people think that someone doesn't think that Welfare is a good idea means that they are Uncle Moneybags. I think that the money for Welfare should be redirected to companies who create jobs inside of America to boost wages of their workers and provide them with an incentive to hire good hardworking people. Sure the lazy bastards who just sit in the Welfare line would get hurt from this, but I bet it would at least slow the outsourcing to India and reduce Un-employment another full point more than it already has been during the Bush Presidency

9. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    You really think that giving businesses in this country more money whether through tax breaks or loans of some kind (I dont' exactly know what you mean by that statement) will make them want to pay their workers more? That they will want to pay "hardworking" (whatever that means exactly) Americans more money? And you think that this will in turn "slow outsourcing"? Are you kidding me? That reasoning is completely contrary to the capitalistic economic system in the modern global sense. It won't happen.

You also make a mistake when you assume that everyone on Welfare is a "lazy bastard". I am not going to stand here and say that the Welfare system as it exists today is working. Sure their are people that live off the system without even attempting to find a job, but there are a whole helluva lot more people that are living in poverty, that don't have the training or education to earn a liveable wage. The welfare system is a good thing when it works properly. It keeps people out of poverty and provides them with a second chance when they are set upon by hard times that are completely out of their control.

The true test of the United States is a test of compassion, and the welfare system in principle is an example of this ideal. The system country we live in is a place that we all should be proud of and that lives up to the American ideals of morality and civility. There is a greater good. Your saying that the Welfare system only exists for lazy bastards and that you want more of your taxes back so you can buy a new computer is just misplaced anger and greed.

10. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Hey, don't change what I said please... I didn't call everyone on Welfare a Lazy bastard! I said that if people got incentives to work for a living, and I know that I place human nature a bit high when I say this, they would rather work instead of sitting on their duffs all day eating Pork Nibblets. Also, when I talked about incentives for companies to pay their workers better and hire more people, you would of course need to make sure that the money was going to the proper places. And honestly, the only reason companies outsource is because its cheaper. If we stop making it cheaper to outsource (through any means legally possible) then more of those jobs will return to America. I know that everyone 'haaaaaaates' Conservatives and Republicans but the Democrats have gone nucking futs when it comes to governing. John Kerry doesn't deserve your votes. Vote for someone who would actually do their job (and yes I am pointing at John Kerry's senate Record here) and put your vote for Nader. Who knows, if all the Dems and Undecideds and Independants vote for Nader perhaps the poor guy will win. If you aren't happy with the current system... Bitching about it here doesn't do you any good at all. Go out, make a difference.

11. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    So another intereasting thing I have heard. Some believe that the Democratic party doesn't really care who wins this election because no matter what happens they are already planning for 2008. Some believe that if Kerrry loses this election we will have our first female president, Hillary Clinton. Who would the republicans put up against her? Gulliani (sorry if I butched that)?

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I bet we will see the terror alert hit red just before the election. Let's see if I am right.

I would argue that fear is a powerful motivator, and therefore a good way to get votes. But this is IMO.

13. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    You are probably not too far off on that...

14. Wulf

Market Rating:
    It should skip red and go right to PLAID!

15. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wonder how many people take that warning system seriously? I mean, if it goes red couldn't that A) create some sort of mass panic because we are in eminant danger of attack!!, or B) do nothing since no one pays attention to the stupid thing in the first place.

16. Wulf

Market Rating:
    What I want to know is, why isn't Elevated the lowest one? I mean there is never a day that there isn't the possiblity of an attack. Odds are good its not going to happen, but the chance is there. So instead of blue being no chance, make Blue the elevated chance, so we have more differenciation than going from Day to Day Orange straight to OMFGWTFBBQ Red.

17. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:

Ha ha, Spaceballs!

I thought the same thing about the terror level, it will conveniently go up right around Oct. 31 or so, and it will take a President who delivers a "clear, consistent message" to deal with the threat.

(Excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.)

Either that, or they will pull a captured Osama bin Laden out of their hats just in time for people to head to the polls.

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Or they could blow up a major building. That should secure about 90% of the vote. :yeah:

19. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    How about something huge out of Saddam...I mean, I havn't heard that about him. YEA! WE GOT HIM! now lets go hide him for a while

20. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I just watched the 3rd debate. I will summarize a long post and just say that Bush didn't impress me with his presentation or his information. Stop smirking.

Oh and another thing about Bush... OH NEVERMIND

Hitometer: 53,932,154 since 1995