Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Preparing for BC?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Is anyone else doing stuff to prepare for BC? I have been working on some things:

1) Money for epic flying mount.
    2) Mats for profession twinking using cheap lvl 300 recipes.
    3) Farm excess honor points for future pvp items. Those epic pvp jewels look sexy.
    4) Liquidate current stock of enchanting mats.
    5) Free up bag space in bank. Buy the new bank slot and put another bottomless in it.
    6) Minimize stock of consumables in preparation for new ones (potions and stuff).
    7) Clear quest log.

2. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i've been buying lots and lots of thorium when i see it cheap, not really messing with farming gold.

3. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i think i have everything i need to PL my paladin's blacksmithing to 320ish from 1. two bank characters full of mats, including a little over 1,500 thorium bars.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
  5. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah, but if you roll a DA Paladin, you will be able to make everyone else in the group go "Move it fatty!" Just like Tauren have been doing for years :D

6. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    it's a reroll. the last round of warrior nerfs were too much.

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    QQ more. ;)

8. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i can if you want

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Please do. I am actually curious since I have never played a warrior.

10. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    it's hard to explain to someone who hasnt ever played a 2h arms warrior. our rage per hit was completely crippled. prior to the patch, if you did more damage, you got more rage. rage is only awarded on white hits, so using a 2h was a double edge. you needed to hit as hard as possible since you only hit once every 3.4 - 3.8 seconds. dual wield rage generation is fine because of the sheer number of white hits.

now rage is based on a fixed formula found here :
    http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=83678537&postId=834711892&sid=1#16

more about the nerf in another blue post:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=34926496&postId=360903634&sid=1#125

basically, they nerfed well geared 2h arms warriors to perform the same as gimped out 2h warriors in bullshit items they rolled on in a pug MC. i'm glad my months of raiding and days farming gold and flasks to complete naxx was worth it. a warrior without rage is nothing more than a paladin without mana, all i can do is right click and hope to god by some miracle i have enough rage to use one of my abilities.

the way the trees are set up right now, if you want you use a 2h weapon you need 41 points in arms. the endless rage talent is required. moving tactical mastery to protection was a huge kick in the pants, because now even at level 70, a warrior can't get MS/enrage without sacrificing endless rage which would leave you without enough rage to MS in the first place.

i'm sure this was pretty incoherent but the points are all there. my main gripe is that they took the way i like to play my warrior and stomped it into the dirt. RIP 2h arms. two years, 13 patches of nerfs, and 175+ days played later.. i'm completelly rerolling. Paladin is the new 2h warrior.

11. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    That sounds mighty lame. I've been vaguely thinking about resubscribing once Burning Crusade comes out, and have never played a warrior, so does this gimp all warriors or just 2h weapon warriors?

12. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    just 2h. dual wield and prot got a bit of a boost because the normalization pulls both ways.

Hitometer: 53,594,663 since 1995