Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Preliminary Official Vote on Realm Chars

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Aug 4, 2000.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I want to take an official count of who wants closed and who wants open chars. I know we voted on this previously, but now that we have all played the game there are bound to be different opinions. The main reason I bring this up is because I'm very interested in the idea of closed chars bringing this clan closer together and solving many problems. The biggest issue right now is that there aren't many clan games going on. Also, there are never many people in our channel. By having closed chars our bnet channel would be a lot busier since we would all be online to play. Closed chars would also make us more official as a clan. I think we are all in agreement that we should wait until bnet stabilizes before switching (if we do, it's up to you guys). However, a preliminary vote will help me to know what the general attitude is towards this prospect. NOTE: in a previous thread we found that the vast majority of us are located nearest the USEast realm, so that's the one we would use.

Take your pick:
    vote "1" for closed
    vote "2" for open

2. Peadur

Peadur Peasant

Market Rating:
    I vote to go to #1: closed characters... and that's my final ans. Well... not really my final final, cause I don't think we should get rid of open games if people want them, but I do think we'd get a little better clan unity if we did crate closed characters... Especially if we set up some games and have it so that people choose a character class that they have not played yet, and agree not to make another char of that class, so that way there is even more reason to join in the clan games.

3. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    i vote for closed....BUT....i still think we should wait untill battle net is working properly

------------------
    Hannibal, terror of all that is weak and keeper of elephants

4. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    2, Open because you can have single player leveling sessions, play TCP/IP games, plus my third Necromancer hasn’t been screwed up yet, so I want to keep him around for a while and not have to start a new one. [​IMG]

------------------
    Hey! Necro my ego!

5. Peadur

Peadur Peasant

Market Rating:
    ah don't be a wennie Keeks!! Take a hit for the team!!! [​IMG]

6. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    But once school starts I won't have much time to play (I go to a tough prep school). It may take me until October to get to where I am now (Normal, Act III, Lower Kurast, Level 25.5). Besides Blizzard is having lots of problems with its closed servers. I prefer TCP/IP personally, and I don't drink Alcohol. [​IMG]

------------------
    Hey! Necro my ego!

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Closed. But leave open characters for a good week or two until the realms are at optimal performance level and until I have a router.

------------------
    [​IMG]
    Wait a minute! This is grass! We've been eating grass!

8. flytrap

flytrap Peasant

Market Rating:
    We should start closed characters, but i'm still playing an open character with team alpha. Why not use both?

I have a closed necro called mac_uhlkathra.....I think. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Moose

Moose Peasant

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hannibal:
    i vote for closed....BUT....i still think we should wait untill battle net is working properly
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree here. I like closed, but it is completely unplayable. Lets wait for the problems to subside, then go closed.

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moose:
    I agree here. I like closed, but it is completely unplayable. Lets wait for the problems to subside, then go closed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with both of them...closed for clan games...and open for stuff like Team_Alpha (Beta, Gamma, Delta....where are you guys!)

11. Dark_Warrior

Dark_Warrior Peasant

Market Rating:
    i'm voting closed, but as everyone else has said, we shouldn't start until the realms are playable.
    but i think we should keep our open characters for things like team alpha

------------------
    guiness beer sucks

12. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Open till the relams are better.

------------------
    mud
    When?

13. Ithai

Ithai Peasant

Market Rating:
    Closed sounds good but only when b-net wierdness is worked out. I think we should really just do the open alpha squad stuff. That would brig us closer as a clan. Closed would mean we would play together more but doing alpha squad would bring us closer together. Áou would actully get to know people in the clan. You would have scheduled times to play. It would be more of the partying experience that we all love. This is just my 2 cents though.

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Sorry, I may have given the wrong impression. We would still keep open chars for those who want them. But officially, where the clan is concerned, we would be closed. Regardless, we should at least wait for additional bandwidth upgrades on the realms. Version 1.03 is supposed to be out soon also.

What would we do about clan members on other continents? I know we have some Europeans and Australians in the clan.
    ------------------
    supercalafragilisticexpealadocious!

[This message has been edited by Jakeman (edited 08-04-2000).]

15. Muskie

Muskie Peasant

Market Rating:
    Have always voted closed.

Started Character in West, Mac_Lust

Might play tonight for a bit. If you don't play so much in the first day or so they delete your character. I think two hours in the first 48 or something.

Muskie

16. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I vote for closed players, but if people are logging in and want to play open, I'll do that too. I'm flexible...

Wran

17. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I vote #1, because every open charcter I have had has gotten messed up somehow... I am tired of having to start from scratch just because my computer locked up while I was playing. I am willing to play open, but I don't want to entrust my "good" character to my own hd :-)... maybe after I beat the single player game, I will be more willing to play open... but not right now.

------------------
    Okay I pulled the pin...
    NOW WHAT?

18. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    You didn't say we would still play Open B-net games. I thought you were asking weither or not to make this clan exclusively closed. Okay, closed then, because no cheating. What??? No cheating? Your kiding! No cheating!!! Yippy!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Hey! Necro my ego!

[This message has been edited by Keeksy (edited 08-04-2000).]

19. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I vote 1, closed, because my lvl 37 barbarian is getting sort of boring with whirlwind...

and I've played a couple sessions on closed with not much lag (pre-patch)

20. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Just as I thought, most of us are leaning towards closed. I wonder when battle.net will smooth out. When should I send a member e-mail announcing that we are doing closed for clan games? (because battle.net is still jacked)

------------------
    lamo mac boy

Hitometer: 53,847,887 since 1995