Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

prank call, phone debate?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    The conversation resembled me versus a typical forum troll, where they try to get me angry or offended or something.

I just had this guy prank call our phone support. I asked for customer info and such before giving support. He couldn't supply his credentials. Then he started getting obvious, saying things like, "I can't remember my license info because I have worms in my brain. WOOOORMS!" I would reply very plainly and matter-of-factly that he wasn't making sense and repeat my original questions over and over, being careful not to show the reactions he was looking for. Then he started trying to trick me into visiting sites like tubgirl. I said that I was already familiar with tubgirl and that they do not run vBulletin. He asked how I knew that, so I started describing the details of the tubgirl image in a very analytical and matter-of-fact way. Then I told him it was a not a very good prank, after which I restated my original questions again. Then he said he had to go.

bitches

2. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    geez... does this happen very often?

I would imagine that you are not allowed to hang up on a prankster?

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    That is actually the first prank call I have ever received to our phone support.

Our customer interaction isn't always what you might expect. We can hang up on people like this, but my approach is slightly different.

4. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    If I wouldn't have gotten fired for it (they were very strict on how we treated customers....and I doubt I would've been able to slip one by anybody...I'm not that slick :-)), there's plenty of people I would've liked to use this approach on when I worked at a gas station.

Hitometer: 53,946,874 since 1995