Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

post your status

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I thought it might be a good idea to get a status update from everyone.

Still playing? How often? Any goals? Tired of the game? RL conflicts? RL updates? etc.

me:
    Still playing a lot. Doing the last leg of my PvP rank and AB rep. After that I will grind Argent Dawn to get the +5 all res shoulder mantle. I am also working on my magneto helm. I will need to do 1 more scarlet strath run for the magneto helm. I might also want to do some coffer runs to beef up my new helm and leggings.

My RL is pretty boring. Still working online. I am done with school. I am living with Mom while I save money. I will probably move out soon.

2. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Had a slight let up in my workload at school, resubscribed, played for a few days, then a whole bunch of things I needed to do piled up, and I haven't been able to play for a little while.

Making it to 60 one of these days would be my main goal, but that may be a ways off considering how rarely I'm able to play.

Real Life:
    Being crushed under the weight of junior year in high school is one of my main activities. Taking AP Everything can do that to you. Next year however, I will be be done with math and spanish at the high school level, and am planning on taking photography, choir, and continuing drama. Should be a lot more fun than this year.

Outside of school I'm doing ballroom dance for performance and competition and whatnot, and rehearsing the musical (Urinetown) our school did at the beginning of the year so that we can perform it at the state acting competitiong in a few weeks.

I'm also making a 5 minute short film for a local high school film festival over Spring break, which begins next week.

Then I'm going to film school, becoming a famous writer/director, and living a life of luxury. Or possibly becoming a successful playwright, and living a life of slightly less fame and luxury. Or failing that, being a writer on a bad sitcom that no one watches and living in a dingy apartment working at a video rental store on the side. Options one and two are sounding most appealing at the moment.

This post turned out to be rather longer than I intended, but that is my status these days. Hopefully as the year winds down I'll be able to play more. AP testing is in a little more than a month, and after that, all of my classes are basically finished, although school still continues for another month.

3. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I'm out of the country until August. That's a long time to be away from a game that I was leaning on leaving in the first place. My addiction to this game might be totally gone by the time I come back.

If the expansion looks attractive I might come back to play, if not then the only way I would come back is if the Alliance race is Panderan so I can roll a warrior.

4. Gerona

Gerona Peasant

Market Rating:
    Not in the guild but I can be considered a fanboy. I play regularly if not on my warrior, Gerona, on one of my many alts. I have odd hours. I am usually on somewhere in the general time frame of 2am server-2pm server. Willing to help you guys in MSC if you ask. The game is still fun but I'm a little disheartened by the brickwall at 60 that I'm fast approaching. No real life conflicts except my work schedule makes it so I can't play in evenings when I could PVP or raid with a guild. And my weekends are my wife's time with me so that also doesn't help with raid times, etc. Other than that things are good. We're looking into buying a house. Just started applying for loans and getting the ball rolling. We'll see what happens.

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm finishing off the last year of my molecular biology and biochemistry BSc, taking two semesters off (summer and fall) to work a full time job as a research assistant at the BC Centre for Disease Control.

The only game I currently play is Battlefield 2 since I can load it up, kill some pubbies for half an hour and then head out with my fix satiated.

Right now I'm just finishing off a part time job at the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, I spend the rest of my free time kayaking or diving. Paddling season just started up and I'm getting back into climbing.

I might be going to Peru in April 2007 so I'll see how that turns out.

6. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i guess i am active, but my play time really depends on how i am feeling that week. i will probably be on a lot next week with the patch going live (most likely). other than that, if i feel like getting on for a few hours here and there i will. i am currently finishing up my first year of college, so i am trying to get a summer job so that i am not completely broke at the beginning of next year.

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Went and raided with Evolve for a couple months, got some phat lewt too. Then school got out of hand and I realized I needed to start applying for jobs and scholarships and such, and that hardcore was not the place to be when what I really needed was connections and a social life. I stopped playing for a month, then came back because I have no self control.

Rather than raid, I've been casually farming herbs on my alt, loving every minute of not knowing or caring what gear I could farm from the instances, and hating every unexpected guild invite from a level 13 who sees an unguilded 60 wielding an arcanite reaper.

RL: still at college, same old junk, except a lot more pressure to get a job.

8. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Where to begin...

Ok, so I finally got someone to take over the lease on my apartment starting April 1st. Thursday (3/23) my roommate and I are having a going away party at my apartment for some friends and neighbors, to watch UCLA in the NCAA tournament, and most importantly, to get rid of all the alcohol we've accumulated over the past 3 years. Friday I am going to start boxing up all my stuff to get ready to move. On Saturday some girls we know are making us dinner and throwing us another going-away party. Sunday is more boxing and packing. Monday the new tennants are coming over to do the walk-thru and give us our deposit money. Tuesday we are getting a moving van to move all our stuff back to our hometown. Wednesday I am driving to Las Vegas to do my walk-thru on the condo and give them my first month's payment. I will be in Las Vegas until Friday (3/31) to sign all the paperwork and receive the keys to my awesome new place. On Wednesday (4/5) I am getting another moving van and driving all my stuff up to Las Vegas.

As of that day, I will no longer be a resident of California. I will no longer have financial aid and parental aid. I will be on my own with no job and a lot of payments. So for the next few weeks I will be spending all my spare time finding a job (at least $12/hr.) so I can pay my bills and still buy food. Depending on how things go, I may or may not be able to afford the nice things like Cable TV and Cable Internet. So everything is really up in the air.

As for my WoW playing, I might be on now and then. I created a character on the new Thorium Brotherhood server to quest and RP with when I have some time. I have really reached a wall with my characters on Hyjal because I don't have the time to do the big raids and no one is doing the small 5-man's because of the PvP grind.

I know you guys haven't seen me in a while and its only bound to get worse. I have payed for one more month's subscription to WoW but if I just can't find the time to keep playing I am going to cancel my subscription. I won't do anything drastic like deleting my characters or anything so I might be back when the expansion comes out.

PS. What are the rules on cancelled accounts? Will they keep me characters forever or do they only reserve them for a certain amount of time? (like Diablo2 which reserved your characters for 90 days)

9. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    lets see. my rl has no effect on my wow playing as of now. i dont have school and only work weekends. i will be starting a tech school in august. that still woulnt effect my playing.

In game is good my current goal is to hit 40. then find the money for a mount and new weapons and mail. most of my current stuff is mid 20s low 30s. then after i complete all that its a race to 60. I think im gonna start working on my priest, and pally after i get to about 45-50. I plan on being very very active in the game and guild so if you need anything let me know.

andrew.

10. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I am still playing, just a lot less. I am a bit tired of the game I must admit. Quests hold no interest for me the way they do Jake. Farming rep has gotten old really fast, and pvp uses up more time than raiding.

My job gives me three months off in the summer but during the year I have to work late a lot and it is stressful/tiring (I am not a teacher). When I get home now I dont have the energy to play many nights. My dad had a heart attack a couple of days ago so I definitely havent been on the past few days- I'm sure you understand why. In addition to this I've been trying to buy a house which is using up massive amounts of time as well. Im stuck in one those "to much to do and to little time" areas of my life at this point.

11. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm back playing now that Spring Break has started for me. I've been doing some PvP this week, and will probably do a bit more through next week. I was pretty much absent during the last 2-3 weeks of this quarter, and next quarter looks very busy too. :(

R/L - School, kids, and we are thinking about moving. Someday I'll need to get a job again (soon).

12. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have no idea how to answer this question, either for RL or game. For the time being I'm still playing and we'll just leave it at that. If it turns out that MSC folks are not playing anymore, that will leave me with a decision to make, since you guys are what make the game fun for me.

I'm only doing PvP for rep at this point, since even Rank 10 seems beyond my reach. So those of you not playing because we don't do instances anymore, sign on or post an event and I'll be happy to join. Hopefully the patch will bring some MSC activity, I don't want to have to rely on PuGs for a 45 min 5-man Baron run.

13. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I still play a lot. I scheduled my classes for the morning. During the afternoon you might see me farming, in an instance, or PvP'ing. Timeless raids all 7 nights of the week and I have a 94% attendance. I worked enough in the summer to save money and not have to work during the school year. My class schedule and homework load I take care of during the day. On weekends the raids start earlier and there's plenty of time to go out with friends after they end, usually around 10:00-ish.

I'm also currently in a production of the opera Die Zauberfl├╝te (The Magic Flute) that will go off next month, so that will lighten the workload a bit more too, but I've been managing OK. Orchestra rehearsals started this week.

My goals in-game right now are to get Exalted with Cenarion Circle so I can make the Dreamscale Breastplate, to acquire the Barb of the Sand Reaver from Fankriss in AQ40, to acquire my Dragonstalker Legguards and Belt from MC and BWL.

I'm also looking to fill out all my Dragonscale Leatherworking patterns, and to that end a secondary goal right now is to get to Revered with Thorium Brotherhood for the Chromatic Gauntlets pattern, and additionally to acquire the Chromatic Cloak pattern. If anyone here knows someone with the means to acquire the Chromatic Cloak pattern either through purchasing or farming DM North, tell them I have almost all the mats for the cloak in my bank, and I will combine it for them to trade for the pattern, no charge.

My real-life goals right now are to secure an apartment for the fall semester, and to keep on top of my work until the summer. Once summer hits my family is moving up to the Redmond area, so I'll have to figure out whether I'm living here in the summer or going with them, and then where I'm going to get a job (based on where I live).

14. Chanta

Chanta MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    I'm still playing occassionally. I haven't been on much lately. My son is almost 2 and he's been trying to keep my attention. He's at the sitters during the week and he doesn't see mom and dad very often. He's requiring more attention. By the time he goes to bed and I'm free to play, the queue is at 400 and it's very discouraging waiting that long.

I have also been trying to enroll to obtain my MBA. I have a few required classes that I would have to take before I can start the program. I haven't enrolled yet. I'm trying to see if my employer will pay for it first. :) We're also going to start looking for a house. I'm getting tired of renting and throwing my money away on something that's not mine.

I will be willing to run instances with people. Just let me know when and what time. I just won't be able to go til after 6pm server time, which I know is late for a lot of people. You should be seeing me pop in here and there. Hopefully when the patch comes out, it will be more interesting for everyone. :)

Hitometer: 53,588,758 since 1995