Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

poor debators

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I got 3 people to ignore me today. Battlegrounds spawn lots of debates about strategy and blame. They acuse, we debate, then they always close with an ad hominem attack and an /ignore Jaden. Few hold out for more than 2 minutes.

Don't initiate if you can't follow through because I will filibust your ass with formal argumentation all night long; you can't seriously expect me to lay down after you land an unsupported insult or accusation. Claims require warrants and supporting data. Covering your ears and saying, "nananana i can't hear you," is not a victory.

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    For some reason this really made me giggle.

3. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Here here!

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Today in AV I ran into one of the people that ignored me. They were calling for support and got mad when no one helped. Unfortunately she couldn't hear me offering support.

5. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    People tend to throw a lot of blame around inside the BGs. In my opinion out of a 10-40 man group I fail to see how one person is to blame. Or vice versa, its everyone's fault but your own.

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Field Marshal Apocolypseo ignored me today, after which he talked crap about me to his guild in typical straw man form from what I am told. Good stuff.

7. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    What was he talking crap about?

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    He left WSG after he arrived in our flag room (with the horde flag) only to be greeted by 5 horde that just killed our defense. Blame ensues. Then he ignored me after a few minutes of talking to him about it. Then I am told he made me out to be some "low rank" know-it-all to his guildies.

It is typical "learn 2 play" stuff. Nothing new.

9. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Apocalypseo is a retard and so are all his guildies.

10. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I don't know any of them well enough to judge. Poppi and Schinels (sp?) are cool enough.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    wow, apoc made GM. Big grats to him.

Maybe that's why he was in a bad mood... the final leg of his rank.

12. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Probably, I am nowhere near GM and I am in a bad mood. HA!

13. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Some guy tells me my bags aren't worth it, calls my customers foolish children, gold buyers, and farmers, then cites several false implications about different types of players that would make my bags not worth it. For example:

1) PVPers don't have the money to buy my bags because they spend all of it on repairs. I am a counterexample.

2) You can't possibly earn enough money (without buying gold) to get all bottomless. I am a counterexample, as are many of my customers.

Then there were the usual fallacious arguments:

1) My son is the GM of an unnamed guild (don't want to post it in public), and he says they aren't worth it. Fallacious... appeal to authority. Cited my GM status as a counterexample.

2) Traveler's Backpacks are only 10g, therefore my bags aren't worth it. Irrelevant. Cited price comparisons between 6 slot bags and 16 slot bags to debunk. He didn't follow up with an argument of necessity because I had already used that one in my defense.

In the end, he finally did what I suggested and qualified his position of "not worth it" as applying only to himself, though he didn't specifically say that. His closing statement underlined the fact that he wouldn't buy my bags himself, a qualified position which I cannot argue against.

14. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Jake was a litigator in a former life.

15. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    How much are you charging for each bag? If it's over 50g each I wouldn't buy it even though I don't know what to do with my gold. 50g for an extra 2 slots isn't worth it unless I'm sell gold on Ebay or some website. I find having all 16-slotters are enough unless you keep junk around, i.e. low level mats for enchanting/tailoring/etc or you're like Jake and keep costumes in bank slots.

Stuff that I keep with me in my bags (not bank slots):
    1) 4 rods for enchanting, 2 mounts (elite mount and AQ mount), hearthstone, reagents for AB and portals, bandages.
    2) Extra/backup gear for raiding, i.e. resist gear/extra set of equipment slot in case of broken stuff from dying too much.
    3) 2 wands with different damage (nature & shadow cause mages can't cast those), Brood rep symbol to gather silithid fragments. 13 empty slots for quest items, loot, etc.
    4) Nothing.
    5) Summoned water/food/agates otherwise nothing.

So actually I have 2.5 bag space that I use to hold loot.

Bank slots I have 3 traveler's backpack that are empty except I keep snowballs in them to throw at people for fun.

16. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    1) PvP doesn't cost much to repair. Durability isn't lost when you die to another player, only to Mobs and NPCs.

2) Gold is easily made otherwise farmers wouldn't be making money selling them on Ebay, etc.

1) GM doesn't know everything about the game unless they develop the game themself and know the codes inside out, which is really doubtful.

2) Traveler's backpack are 10g??? They're only 5g max on my server. All my low level alts have Traveler's backpack cause they're so cheap and I find them as though they were runecloth. Try finding an 18-slotter from a Mob besides Onyxia and panther boss in ZG. Even then it requires a 20-man raid to get it.

17. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Onyxia can be 20-manned, Evolve has done it with 25 at some point I think.

hehe :)

18. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    As long as you know what to do/expect and most of the people in the raid are epic-geared.

Onyxia can be done 10-manned. Check out the vid a while back. There was a horde group that 10-manned her but it took them nearly 45 mins.

Usually we kill her with about 20-25 people since no one need anything from her except for a few alts and new members. Mainly we kill her for her scale to make the Onyxia Hide cloak. Most of her drops gets DE'd 90% of the time.

Hitometer: 53,593,977 since 1995