Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

pk suxors

Discussion in 'Shadowbane' started by Elbereth, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    so level first. or buy the raw materials from a vendor (you can do that in DAoC at least). your argument is sort of ridiculous.

*cow walks up to rank 8 monster with his rank 3 character*
    *attacks and misses*
    *monster kills cow in one hit*
    WTF IS THIS ****! screw this. the killing feature sucks. i should be able to take on monsters 3 times my level without having to work for it!

heh. funny

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    It makes sense to me :confused:. You can't craft stuff that you can use until you're a higher level, but by then you need better items that you can find anyway.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    What.

Where did this come?

I'm saying that a crafter should be able to craft stuff onpar with his current needs. Not stuff that is too basic for him and which he wouldn't use because he can't yet get the ingredients for better stuff.

Character = level 14
    Monster = level 14 = has iron 35 iron
    craftable item = short sword = requires 35 iron component = crap because a short sword is too weak to be used by a level 14
    item that should be craftable but isn't yet = long sword = iron 65 component required
    iron 65 component = monster = level 26

Asheron's Call 2 had no stores. It's an all-play economy. So I guess you could try to get this stuff off higher characters but what are you going to trade him for the better items? You're a crappy character with nothing good yet.

4. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Not nessessarily. They could act in a different manner. Let us assume that the Irekei PKers are like the bandits of the old west. If this is the case then we need people to PK or at least ward off the Irekei and protect the n00bs while they hunt. Think of them as sheriffs if you will. Do you say that police are hypocrites if they kill? I don't believe that they are because they only kill when nessessary, not when they feel like some kicks and they do so to protect the "innocent."

If they PKed just randomly for vengeance and without a "noble" purpose such as this, I could very easily agree with Jake though.

It would be great to see some sort of anti-PK abuse guild that killed people who PKed n00bs just for kicks. Regular PKing would be allowed but not this crap, which by the way has caused me to decide against purchasing this game.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2002
  5. Rhys

Rhys Peasant

Market Rating:
    You can't deter many of the pkers by killing them, they have nothing to lose. The last two who killed me in Khar were naked and tossing spells or naked with only a dagger. That's just fscking gay, SB needs to wake up on this issue and build some automated guard defenses and ToL/Guard/Tradesmen KOS lists for the non-player cities. Make it so a bold-to-the-point-of-stupidity r5 pk can't set foot in a city he's committed mass murder in without quickly getting his ass handed to him, then the focus of the game can go back to guild v guild instead of "how do we deal with @ssholes in free cities."

6. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes. A world without safeholds is not only unfair but unrealistic. If the world of SB were real, there would be certain towns that would guard against such fools.

Sometimes I wish there was a "League of Justice" guild or something. They'd crush all people PKing n00bs, thus defending the weak. The guild would be neutral to all that did not PK the n00bs. (People below Lv 25 would suffice.)

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    @cow - that still doesn't make sense. just because you need a really good item doesn't mean you should automatically possess the skill the make it. crafting is a great way to make money if you can get ahead of the curve... meaning that everyone else is in the same situation of not being able to craft items they need = demand.

@strader - cow pks random people

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've only pk'd a group of people once. And that was because I was bored.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    yep. so you pk random people

10. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Past tense please.

11. iZealot

iZealot Peasant

Market Rating:
    1. dont we get a free copy of shadowbane when it comes out? for being in the closed beta?. yes i think so.
    and 2. WoW will be awesome, cus its blzizard for pete's sake? what game have they made that did not suck. all of them are awesome. diablo 2 was awesome whe nit first came out, but then about 2 years later it got kind o fboring. but hey, it kept me busy for 2 years. thats a long time. or maybe it was a year and a half. i dynno. yea. starcaft, taht is awesome, the best game they've ever made. so of course wow will have tons of quests and stuff. SB tho, i havnt seen any quests? whats wrong? i thought there were supposed to eb quests? the game is all about doing stuff that ur workng for a goal. so far, all ive done is killed ****lods of guys, ogres and such, just to level.(currently lv 30). so u can just kill other ppl, or so u cant be pk'd, or to wade guild wars. but still. game is not out yet. they will, HOPEFULLY, fill the game with tons of quests, so we will be constantly busy doing them, and not jsut killing monsters.

12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Why does everyone think this? Since when did companies give away the game to its testers? What did you do? You played their game! You didn't do anything for them, they let you play their game before anyone else, that's reward enough.

13. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think my english teacher would have a cardiac.

They aren't doing quests that often yet because that's a waste of time and effort. Most likely they are preparing them for the release.

14. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Kill monster quests to recover some item are the worst quests ever. They do not count as quests and I hope none of them are included.

15. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I would like to see quests like:
    Small city is given great item and told to do X thing. Other guilds can work with or against the first guild on said thing. Item would be desireable so people would fight over it, but those possesing it would be more powerful or something... Thus point of focused strife and fun RPing :)

16. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hmm Fun. The evil forces would win as it's easier to win being cheap and then the game would suck because their item of great power would give them such an advantage.

Unless of course the item only worked once. Then it'd be nice.

17. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Single shot ion cannon?

18. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    [​IMG]

19. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    You can buy a deed for an obelisk in SB for only 1,500,000,000 gp.

Stick one of those beside your tree.

20. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Ahahahaha, gogo C&C.

Not Obelisk though, IMO the Tesla Coils are cooler :p.

Hitometer: 53,552,296 since 1995