Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Pit runs

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jedsia, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I decided to do some Pit runs in Baal games with my hammerdin, so I could get more exp and drops vs soloing. Besides, public Baal games are a joke, full of rude, lazy drop snatchers.

First run netted me a Ward, not bad. 2nd run I got a Balrog Skin (+1 to all but it's still an arkaine). My hammerdin decided to equip that, but losing fast cast from Que Hagans, I put on Wiz spike instead of Baba. Lost 87% mf, but still have over 200%.

Another run netted my Scarabshell Boots and Cedar Bow. Equiped the Stormtrek and tossed my Tearhaunches only to find a pair of Greaves on the next run Last run I got a Colussus Crossbow. Of course I got various low level items and one Dol rune.

Overall, I think I did well. Lost some mf but gained a ton of defense and life. Life is over 1400 now and I can take a full player game pit run fairly easily and I get a ton of exp. I'm 3/4 to 88 now, in only 5 or 6 runs. Most people left me alone, I never even joined the parties. I kinda expected people to harass me about not joining, esp since I was usually one of the highest level chars in the game, but after they got busy with their baal run, they left me alone.

I'm gonna do some more today. No one on bnet so far really seems to care about the pit anyway. THey're all standing around in Harragoth waiting for some sorc to tele to Baal. Anyone else who's mfing in the game is most likely doing Meph.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    TELE BAAL 13 GOGO :korean:

Hell Baal games are hilarious. Everyone crowds around Baal as his life steadily goes down, then everyone stops when he has a sliver of life. From there it takes another couple minutes for him to die because everyone is waiting for the drop.

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    its fun watching the dialog as I slaughter the pit monsters.

so and so dies

send tp send tp
    omg
    wtf
    hey, give that back
    who stole my gold

sometimes 2 waves of people will come in while I'm down there. What's sad is at 88, my pally is higher level than most of the people standing around town waiting for someone to teleport.

It's just as bad as cow games...........which is why I hang out in the pit.

Didn't find much today, found a green dusk shroud, Io rune, 2 amns and tons of charms, none really good. But exp was decent and I didn't have to worry about some idiot getting me killed....

Hitometer: 53,554,765 since 1995