Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Photoshop /Mac to Pc

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by rhosebard, Jun 8, 2002.

1. rhosebard

rhosebard Peasant

Market Rating:
    I've been having a real problem trying to upload jpegs/gifs to one site, though I have no problems with any of my other four Sites via Fetch, or a couple other places through a browser. Now the Webmaster of this site is telling me my jpegs & gifs are not jpegs & gifs, even though they've been created with Photoshop, made image-ready for the Web... and I have no problems anywhere else. She says I need to 'convert' them. I am claiming they need to make their site Mac friendly. If there is a way to 'convert' these images for PC, I'd really like to know... I need help in my arguments because my company is trying to work with hers and I don't want to cause bad feelings if I can help it... However, my company is firmly Mac based:)

Thanks so much,
    Mac Webmaster in need

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    :laugh: No, there is no "conversion" of those images for PC, considering 90% of the server market doesn't even use Windows.

Upload one of these images so we can see what's going on. I'm thinking maybe they're in raw .psd format.

--Haite

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    if they are truly in jpeg and gif format then there should be no problem. they're probably not in the right format.

4. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Either that or they have sucky image viewing software on their end.

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Server might not recognize 4 letter extensions. Make sure you're using .jpg and not .jpeg

Although it shouldn't matter.

6. rhosebard

rhosebard Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am enclosing one of the images that I have been trying to get to upload to the Site.

[​IMG]

What can you tell from this?

Thanks so much for the help.

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    looks fine to me. maybe you are uploading them in the wrong mode. there is binary and ASCii mode i think. usually the mode is automatic. i forget which one images are supposed to be uploaded in, try both. ;)

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Images upload in binary, pretty much any FTP program recognizes the extensions and handles them accordingly. Fetch should do it, but if all else fails, use the OS X terminal.

Hitometer: 53,936,620 since 1995