Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Patch 1.9 soon

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Calendryll, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Generally in BGs I've usually had to CS the healer so I don't have it for the warrior. Would it also stop charge, or does charge have a longer range than CS?

My usual warrior sequence after stun breaks: Nova > Blink > Sheep > get max range > Fireball > Frostbolt > PoM > Pyroblast > Fireblast....if he doesn't have high FR, he's generally dead or almost dead at this point, especially if I procced a crit somewhere along the way (which also procs Ignite)...if he's not dead yet it's CoC + Arc. Missles to finish him off, or the Mexican Jumping Mage spamming AE. If I get lucky I'll proc an Impact on one of my fire spells and I can usually squeeze in another Fireball before he closes range.

2. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wow. Either the warriors you're fighting have really low hp or you're doing really impressive damage. Only time I could 3-shot a warrior is when my AP + Pyro or fireball crit (around 2400-2800) and I don't rely on that at all especially with all the epic geared warriors around. Warriors that I duel usually would resist some of my spells. Once I had a fireball get resisted close to 90% (200 dmg, 900 resisted). Other times they'd resist about 20%-60% of my spells. Warriors I duel usually have about 4500-5000 hp so 3 spells isn't enough for me.

I don't even bother dueling epic geared hunters at all since I'll be lucky if I even get them to 50%, especially NE ones where they shadowmeld before the duel so you can't target them and then just send their bat on you. I realise that I can start the duel by running close to them in which case they just ice trap and then I'm stuck in the same situation. Usually when I duel hunters it would go something like:
    <insert name>'s Aimed Shot hits you for 900,
    <insert name>'s Auto Shot hits crits you for 800,
    You gained Blink,
    You cast Frost Nova,
    You begin to cast Fireball,
    <insert name pet>'s hit you for 30,
    <insert name pet>'s hit you for 25,
    <insert name pet>'s hit crit you for 60,
    <insert name>'s Raptor Strike hits you for 500,
    Your fireball hit <insert name> for 1200,
    <insert name>'s Auto Shot hits you for 500,
    <insert name>'s Auto Shot crit you for 900.

It's even worst when hunters use Scattershot when I blink right next to them since that don't even have a minimum range.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    haha. ok. i'm done talking to you.

4. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    oh and before anybody gets owned because they tried to silence to stop an intercept - no, that doesn't work. silence only prevents the use of shouts.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well I've been reading up a little and it turns out there IS a reason to CS the warrior. It doesn't prevent intercept, but it DOES prevent charge (by initiating combat). Of course, you have to get it in before he charges you...

Still, in group PvP you're probably better off saving the CS for the casters and just know you're going to get charged. Just MHO.

6. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    not too hard, charge's max range is 25 yards. i'm sure you have something quick you can fling farther than that

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    CS is 30 yards which isn't enough time after ping.

Fireblast is instant cast and 20 yards (26 on some fire specs) which isn't far enough. Missiles probably take too long to cast. Of course a PoM missile would do the trick, might still get charged before ping catches up though.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Looks like you have to try CS and hope you get lucky with the ping.

I have Flame Throwing which makes Pyroblast and Fireball 41 yards. I could PoM+Pyro. Even without Flame Throwing any Fireball higher than Rank 1 is 35 yards, an Ice Mage could PoM+Fireball.

PoM affects missle? I thought channelling spells were already considered instant cast.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I am referring to frostbolt and fireball when I say "missiles."

10. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    oic

I need to practice this technique obviously. Tried to PoM+Pyro a warrior in AB last night and he still got the charge in. Had my PoM activated, thought I pushed my hot key as soon as it turned white, spell never got off.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    You also have to consider travel time of the missile.

12. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Patch 1.9 is going live today.

13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Surprising, with all the whispers of bugs in the test patch.

Maybe this will mean easier opponents in the BGs while all the epic toons are out there working on opening the AQ gates. :D

14. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Some of the whispers are true it seems. Mail is borked, guild invites are borked, the bank is borked, death in BGs is borked. Probably more, these are just the ones I know of. Out of character for Blizz to implement content with this many bugs, usually they go with the interminable wait while they fix every little thing.

(Thanks to J for loaning me the term "borked.")

15. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    The map is borked too.

Hitometer: 53,585,731 since 1995