Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Patch 1.9 soon

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Calendryll, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I dont know if this was already posted or not. If so you can erase it Jake.

1.9 Patch: The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj
    Ahn'Qiraj

The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj will house two massive, unique dungeons - the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, a 20-man raid dungeon, and the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, a 40-man raid dungeon. As players delve deeper into the mysteries of Ahn'Qiraj, they will discover revelations of the Silithid infestation and their shadowy masters, the Qiraji. Players will have to complete a world event of massive proportions before they can open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj on their realm.

Linked Auction Houses

Planned for launch in patch 1.9, players will discover that they can buy and sell goods with greater effectiveness using the highly anticipated Linked Auction House System. Horde players will find that the Auction Houses in Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff will now share the same pool of player-created auctions. Similarly, Alliance players will find the same to be true when visiting Ironforge, Stormwind City, and Darnassus Auction Houses. This system has been expanded to support the neutral Auction Houses as well. Tanaris, Everlook, and Booty Bay will all be linked for players of both factions to access. In addition, the "Looking for Group" and "Trade" channels have been unified among the corresponding cities, meaning you can trade your goods or look for groups in Ironforge while in Stormwind!

Multiple Battlegrounds Queues

Players will be able to enter multiple battleground queues! No longer must you make the hard decision of which queue to join -- when queued for all three, you can join the first one available or hold out for that special Battleground you're really seeking.

Paladin Talent Update

All three Paladin talent trees are receiving a complete review, and many great new changes are in the works. Once finalized, be sure to preview them through our Talent Calculator!

New Armor Models

Many high-level class armor sets are receiving a complete graphical overhaul!
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/index.html#armor

And the main link for those to lazy to search the website: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/index.html#ahnqiraj

Jakeman likes this.
  2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    The Paladin set just looks rediculously cool.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Meh. Who cares? Why should I help open yet another instance for hard core gamers?

Can't wait until the expansion when the casual, not Casual, players get a little love.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Pallies get buffed = the new shaman? :evil:

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Linked AH==goodness

6. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    you dont want to start this discussion :p

7. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Even leaving shamans out of it, I guess we should also not talk about Blood Fury, Hardiness, Warstomp, Endurance, Berzerking, Regeneration, and the granddaddy of them all, Will of the Forsaken. :D

8. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Horde gets all the love, Blizzard knows people won't pick an ugly-ass orc unless there's SOME gameplay benefit to it :p

9. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yes but soon they will have a pretty race with, what was it again? Oh yes, two more tailor-made-for-PvP talents: Mana Tap and Arcane Torrent.

But hey, at least my Human Perception helps me spot a lone rogue or druid guarding an AB flag once in a blue moon, if I can see him in 20 seconds. That evens it all out...

10. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    lol, blood fury and troll talents. wastes of buttons, i'd take perception over blood fury any day... or diplomacy even. i think you guys should spend some time on the horde, it's really easy to blame abilities you've never used/dont understand for losses. But since you're concentrating on PvP, there's no advantage to having a damn near unkillable healer? i've done endgame pvp on both factions, and there's no situation i'd rather have a shaman in my group than a paladin.

11. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Meh, just giving you a hard time. (And I have a few horde toons, btw.)Alliance just sucks at PvP in general, at least on Hyjal. Too many PUGs with idiots who just run around farming HKs, because they're too stupid to realize they'll get better honor by winning the BG (or even just competing) than by tallying kills. To wit, most of the Pallys/Priests/Druids I've grouped with don't bother healing much other than themselves. (and then wonder why we get our asses kicked)

On Hyjal there are a few dedicated PvP horde groups, who have a much easier time getting into BGs together because Horde queues are shorter. Trying to join as a group in Alliance takes probably three times as long. When I get into a good Alliance team I try to stay in it for the evening, and we can actually give them a match, but we're lucky to get into 3 BGs in 2 hours. Joining individually is quicker but you're more likely to get 7 or 8 gimps in with you.

12. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i'm pretty sure horde queues are 2-3 times shorter on basically all servers because that's the ratio of horde:alliance, i havent heard of a server that the horde outnumbers the alliance. last time i checked it was just over 3:1 on my server.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yes, and I think that's where the Horde advantage really is. 1. They are in more often = more familiarity with BG (including sploit locations, which some teams DO use, although not the truly good teams), 2. It's easier to join as a group = better teamwork, and 3. More likely to get a PUG as an opponent = increased chance of winning, building faction and honor, getting high-end PvP gear. Rinse and repeat.

Blood Elves MAY help level the numbers, unless the new Alliance race is Pandaren. Draenei would be more "equitable." Horde get a pretty race, Alliance get an ugly race.

14. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's one I didn't think about. Dranae would be a definite possibility. I had been thinking they might give alliance the remaining live Nerubians that had survived the Plague and Scourge.

15. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    i never really felt that being outnumbered was an advantage, but im not much of a fan of the dumbshit PvE mini-games that battlegrounds turned out to be.

16. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Horde are not outnumbered inside the BG. And on a PvE server BGs are the best way to get honor. Which is not to say that they aren't dumbshit.

17. Calendryll

Market Rating:
  18. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    /droooooool

Judgement looks so cool.

19. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    transformers - more than meets the eyes

20. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Pics of Silithus in 1.9 patch. (These came from Casual's site. :/)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Edit: resized pics

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005

Hitometer: 53,556,049 since 1995