Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Patch 1.8.4

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Calendryll, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm disappointed-no 1.9 :(

Patch 1.8.4 Tomorrow - Eyonix on 12/5/05
    Tomorrow's regularly scheduled maintenance will begin at approximately 3:00 AM PST in order to apply a minor patch. This patch adds content for the upcoming holiday festivities in Azeroth! You can review all of the changes contained in patch 1.8.4 here.
    Please note: this patch is not The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj, the content patch currently running on the public test realms.

All realms are expected to be back up at 11:00 AM PST. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Patch 1.8.4

Battlegrounds

Battles must now last at least ten minutes after the start of the battle in order for the losing team to receive a Mark of Honor.

World

New quests for the Feast of Winter Veil have been added! See your Smokywood Pastures customer service representative in Ironforge and Orgrimmar for more details!
    The level of many of last year's Feast of Winter Veil quests have been adjusted so that reputation rewards are available in their full amount for players of all levels able to do them.
    Fixed a bug with both versions of the quest "A Smokywood Pastures' Thank You!" that was sending mail out immediately rather than on the intended delay.
    In a startling discovery, Mistletoe sold on last year's vendors is now named "Fake Mistletoe". A Smokywood Pastures spokesman was quoted as saying, "Sorry, no refunds."
    Some of the Southsea Dock Workers that were working under the boat should now be much more accessible to players.
    Andre Firebeard no longer has a chance of dropping a Wastewander Water Pouch.
    All OOX Distress Beacons are now multi-drop; everyone in a group should be able to receive one if it drops.
    Fixed a bug with Oglethorpe Obnoticus' gossip where he was being much more familiar with strangers than he should have been.

General

Various preparations added to the client for Patch 1.9.

EDIT: I forgot to add, what a completely useless patch. The only thing I like is the Christmas additions.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hrm. Mixed feeling. Anything that encourages AFKing out of a match is not good, IMHO.

Blizz needs to institute a penalty for leaving matches early. It REALLY bugs me when I've been queued for over 30 min only to join a match that's already decided.

3. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    There is going to be a penalty in 1.9. If you leave a battle for any reason in a certain amount of time, I forget how long, you get a debuff called "Deserter" that prevents you from rejoining the queue for a certain amount of time.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    You mean Grand Marshalls have to stay and fight? What a concept.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yeah no more "Oh noes, it's FA, I'd better go requeue..."

How many Grand Marshals/High Warlords do you actually see fighting though? Once players hit rank 14 they are so burnt out on BGs they quit. Kat and Nailz haven't PvPd since they made it, not that I've seen.

Certain players don't do it, Fourpacks wants to be the first rogue Grand Marshal. He's Marshal right now and stays in every match I've been in with him, even when we are getting spanked.

6. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Once you reach GM what is the point in keeping it up? You have attained the rewards which cant be lost. I dont see any motivation for continuance.

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I was referring to the fact that current and former grand marshalls earned their rank by leaving BGs they were likely to lose. Many people agree that AFKing and requeueing yields more honor under the current system.

I am speaking through the experience of others as it was told me.

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
  9. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Dear god, they admit a mistake.

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    They seem to be having problems with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I think these kinds of problems are common when you develop different versions concurrently.

Hitometer: 53,813,402 since 1995